Jump to solution

This worked for me with a sharp tv and bose soundbar.  Th...

chrishogan
Grasshopper

This worked for me with a sharp tv and bose soundbar.  Thank you!

Jump to solution

it worked and thank god was do frustrating ... thanks for...

monty96
Grasshopper

it worked and thank god was do frustrating ... thanks for the solution

Jump to solution

This definitely works. Nicely done! I also just figured t...

Rookie77
Grasshopper

This definitely works. Nicely done! I also just figured this out too. I had the old school coax boxes for each tv and just the other day ordered the wireless ones so I can run a tv in my garage without having to run the wire or try to cast which also has its inherent disadvantages. I hooked up all the boxes then discovered that the signals sent from the new remotes (xr15) are IR and not RF thus the box had to be in view of the remote. I hide all my wires and did not want a cable box in view so I didn't like this option. Tech support didn't help at all either but I realized you can program the old remote to the new box and boom! It works with no cable box in site!

Cheers! 

Jump to solution

Glad you got it working. The XR15 remote actually does IR...

rstra
Grand Master

@Rookie77 

Glad you got it working. The XR15 remote actually does IR and RF.

Jump to solution

Hmm, well I figured that was the only explanation why it...

Rookie77
Grasshopper

Hmm, well I figured that was the only explanation why it wouldn't work unless the box was in full view of the remote. It's only with the older one, reprogrammed, that I can have it hidden behind the tv. Is there another solution to this? Cause I'd rather use the newer remote if so....

Thanks Grand Master

Jump to solution

You could try un-painting the remote and starting again....

rstra
Grand Master

@Rookie77 

You could try un-painting the remote and starting again. Instructions here at the bottom of the page.

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/how-to-program-your-bluecurve-tv-remote-control/ta-p/6591#con...

I have found that power bars are a little finicky with BlueCurve, so maybe just stick with what works.

Jump to solution

I really wish Shaw would give us a longer window of oppor...

rstra
Grand Master

I really wish Shaw would give us a longer window of opportunity to edit our posts. 😆😆😆

Jump to solution

I have the XR15, no joy with whatever method I’ve tried t...

crpl_hicks
Grasshopper

I have the XR15, no joy with whatever method I’ve tried to control my Toshiba sound bar.  I too agree, with all the bells and whistles Blue Curve offers, this should not happen.  As stated, even medieval tech allowed you the remote to learn functions.  Heck, even my harmony remote can be programmed.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have just spent more than 30 minutes trying to resolve...

doffel
Grasshopper

I have just spent more than 30 minutes trying to resolve a remote tv/power bar challenge. I’m using their BluCurve TV and have 2 TV’s. My living room tv Is a LG with Sony power bar. My Shaw BluCurve remote powers up and shuts down both my TV as well as my Sony power bar. I can use ONE remote to access my guide, adjust volume, change channels etc.

I have a second system, a Hisense TV and a Samsung Power bar. My BluCurve remote in this scenario will either power up one or the other but not both (as in the living room) ?? I’m pretty tech savvy and know my way around navigating the menu/setup. Online tech support pretty blew me off saying they “Shaw” not responsible for manufactures devices? This has nothing to do with incompatibility as both devices are recognized and can be programmed but cannot be synchronized as the former example. I’m really bummed by the nonchalant response. Customer care …….what happened 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Tried this, get the tv to work (Hisense) but unable to ge...

doffel
Grasshopper

Tried this, get the tv to work (Hisense) but unable to get the sound bar (Samsung) to respond. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help