Re: tv guide movies are not color coded anymore?

brendalynne
Grasshopper

Please go back to the previous format.  The guide is so difficult to see even with decent eyes.  I have cognitive impairments so this makes it a lot more difficult to discern what is what.  Many things go missed.  I much preferred the blue-coloured guide with full bars to indicate the difference of movies, etc.  My elderly parents have complained to me about this as well.  Not everyone can understand.  At least have various options to choose from to set up our guide and remove some of the less needed 'options' for other things.  Thanks.

Not applicable

As has already been mentioned, I wish the colour coding was more prominent. Perhaps the vertical bar made  wider,or the letters in the listing colour coded. 

fxlarryw
Grasshopper

I think this was a poor design change.  Bring back the color coding that make it easier to identify movies, sports, and other types of programming.  

Shame on Shaw for not allowing subscribers to give input on making this change. 

Not applicable

Hi,

We are getting used to the minimal color.

It would definitely help if there was a little more color.  
Also you might like to able the color to the edge of our recordings as well.

0 Kudos

cvaneck
Grasshopper

Just returned from travelling and we see this change to the guide. Shocked ! Its Awful to say the least. Looks like some old retro 50's black and white design. The tangible functionality in the old format has totally been removed. Cant easily scroll and see the movies or sports highlighted anymore. The thin colour line on the left can hardly be seen and is virtually useless.  Was there a need to remove this feature? What could it possibly be?

Does the IT team do  research when these design changes are made?

Do you have user groups, and test these re-design 'ideas' on end users and get feedback? 

Basics of User Interface design.

I have a background in software design, and the end user experience was of prime importance. We would never have been allowed to make this kind of change that clearly degrades the user experience, and if we did, we would have to work day and night to fix and improve, with a real, tangible, short term roll-out for the fix. 

Really Shaw? What are you thinking?

Hopefully you will listen to the outcry and fix this asap.

0 Kudos

seaswirl77
Grasshopper

I agree 100%…..this is a Terrible look and feel. Please moderator - go back to the old ASAP...and please do not let us wait endless months for this to happen...it is a simple and easy fix.

0 Kudos

rainee
Grasshopper

I am not a fan of the new update for the tv guide. Not user friendly. Please go back to the former guide format.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

I like the changes to the colour coding that were made around May 27. The changes solve my problem.

TALK TO US
We're here to help