VOD is ok here on BlueCurve.

rstra
Grand Master

@g-idk VOD is ok here on BlueCurve.

0 Kudos

, they still haven't fixed the second page you can't post...

g-idk
Master

@rstra , they still haven't fixed the second page you can't post a reply, I just tried a few times no go.  So I went back to a post of yours from the first page and can reply that way as a workaround.  About the VOD, everything worked and looked fine on my system (non bluecurve) until I actually picked something and tried to play it.  Not sure if it might be the same on BlueCurve VOD,, or did you actually try to play something.  Sorry if it is a stupid question.  

0 Kudos

Ugh, I forgot about that error, going to have to find out...

rstra
Grand Master

@g-idk  Ugh, I forgot about that error, going to have to find out why they haven’t fixed it yet. 

Yes, I got the VOD to play, so maybe it is an issue with the legacy equipment,

/  /  -- it's the next day, and, for me, VOD is now back...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra / @g-idk / @wakvale -- it's the next day, and, for me, VOD is now back to normal.

I played the final episode of  CITY-TV's "Canada's Got Talent 2022" (s1e9), without incident.

However, none of the episodes for the current season (#2) are available; I found the episodes on CITYTV.COM, with lots of [unavoidable] commercials inserted. 

0 Kudos

Hi  , looks good on my end as well back to playable VOD,...

g-idk
Master

Hi @mdk , looks good on my end as well back to playable VOD, even though I barely ever use it. Have you tried using an adblocker extension in your browser?, when I watch for example any show on CTV.ca streaming I don't receive any commercial breaks for any show or movie, same goes for YouTube vids., I'm using Adblocker Plus extension on Edge and Firefox. Just a suggestion for you in case you were not aware.  

0 Kudos

-- when I watch for example any show on CTV.ca streaming...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@g-idk -- when I watch for example any show on CTV.ca streaming I don't receive any commercial breaks for any show or movie, same goes for YouTube vids.

I get video/audio ads during the stream from the CityTV.com web-site. I have doubts whether an ad-blocker can detect the change in the stream.

For some programs streamed via Shaw On Demand, I see "promotions" ("upcoming episode of Star Trek: Picard on the current channel") but no actual "commercials" ("buy the latest double-sided mop").

0 Kudos

Hi  , you are correct I just tried out the site CityTV an...

g-idk
Master

Hi @mdk , you are correct I just tried out the site CityTV and as I went to sign in with my provider it picked up my Adblocker and showed a "Please disable your Adblocker to continue to watch", whereas CTV and YouTube for example do not seem to register  its appearance.  I can fully enjoy all the YouTube Vids and movies with no breaks and same goes for any of CTV's shows and movies.  I guess CityTV is more strict on enforcing the ads.  Thanks for pointing this out, I guess it works for some and not others.   

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help