BlueCurve remotes don’t work like other remotes, they use...

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk @cmauthe BlueCurve remotes don’t work like other remotes, they use RF and will have to be paired to the BlueCurve if you swap remotes. 

0 Kudos

Have you reported to Shaw?   I Reported to Shaw Yesterday...

MrRee
Grasshopper

Have you reported to Shaw?  

I Reported to Shaw Yesterday and they had no other complaints re slow response.

“..Been Having same issue for last few days (as well as a couple of friends with same BlueCurve Setup).  All having issues with Guide, channel change being very slow in loading.  15-20 seconds with each click, scroll as well as graphics not loading into menu….  Issue with main unit and satellite (Wired” box on second TV)”

Trouble Shooting ..  Went thru all standard unplug this, reset that, and when it was all said and done no change, Actually it was a little worse. When I asked why my friends were also experiencing same issue, she advised shaw has no other reports of this issue.   

Next step is to dispatch a tech to check my wiring and Bluecurve hardware. 

Tech coming out in a week! to investigate further.   

Logically cant see it being a coincidence several customers having same issue at once which points to a shaw system/programming issue.    

Menus navigation was better (but SLOW later that evening – usable),  However went back to an almost unusable state this morning (timed it took 55 seconds for channel guide to display, about 30 sec to scroll).

Got the same going on here in Airdrie.  Worked fine up un...

crawl71
Grasshopper

Got the same going on here in Airdrie.  Worked fine up until this morning.  I've tried the usual solutions including uplugging and restarting the system.   Guide and menu system is basically unusable as I'm not waiting around for ~30 seconds everytime I press a button.

My first thought was that they pushed an update through last night that has caused this.

It looks like this may be a system wide issue, a lot of p...

rstra
Grand Master

@crawl71 @MrRee @cmauthe It looks like this may be a system wide issue, a lot of people on Twitter are complaining of the same or similar problem.

I had tried pulling the power on the blue curve box yeste...

cmauthe
Grasshopper

I had tried pulling the power on the blue curve box yesterday and no luck. Sometime this afternoon it just started magically working better. 😉

I've been having what sounds like the same issue intermit...

greblosdier
Grasshopper

I've been having what sounds like the same issue intermittently for a few days.  Briefly, I thought it was the remote, but I realized that the remote button presses were being recognized normally, there was simply a long delay before the menus/guide UI would fully update after each action.  I put fresh batteries in my remote just in case, but it was behaving the same way.  I navigated to Power Settings (very slowly) and Restart.  Once the Xi6 finished rebooting, it was working normally for the rest of the evening.  The next afternoon, it became laggy again.  I pulled the power cord from the Xi6 for 30 seconds and plugged it back in.  It worked properly for a couple of days, but this afternoon the channel logos and preview images in the guide were failing to load.  Some would stay blank, some would load after a delay, and some would display the incorrect channel logo before eventually loading the right one.  I tried restarting the Xi6 and it improved things somewhat, but it's still not loading the guide/recents/saved menus correctly.  The Xi6 is connected with Ethernet and the About screen shows it's running a build from late August.  I had to restart the XB6 gateway and Xi6 box shortly after that date to resolve an audio dropout and image artifact issue.  I will probably try restarting the gateway again soon if the UI issue remains or gets worse.

0 Kudos

&  -- BlueCurve remotes don’t work like other remotes, th...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra & @cmauthe -- BlueCurve remotes don’t work like other remotes, they use RF and will have to be paired to the BlueCurve if you swap remotes. 

So, are you saying that it is impossible for the "foreign" remote-control to be paired to the author's BlueCurve box, for testing, and then paired again when the friend/neighbour returns home to their own BlueCurve box?

0 Kudos

no, I am saying that they use RF and will have to be pair...

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk no, I am saying that they use RF and will have to be paired to the BlueCurve if you swap remotes.

0 Kudos

I have been having the same problem for just about a week...

cbme
Grasshopper

I have been having the same problem for just about a week now.

Today has been much worse. For the last half hour I have not been able to change channels, view guide or anything.

The Tv video is in a sort of a jerky " freeze frame" mode

0 Kudos

My remote was fine, then I had the 10second + time lad af...

netconsumer
Grasshopper

My remote was fine, then I had the 10second + time lad after a command all day today. Then around 9:30 pm the remote stopped working and the bluecurve box light went out. Then everything stopped working. I made sure the batteries were full. I unplugged all and plugged it back in after 1 min. Then I waited about 20 min. Then TV came back on one channel only on  hdmi1. Light was back on bluecurve box but the remote wouldn't unpair or pair. I called for support, office closed. THen got a live agent just before they closed. The trick - taking out the batteries and waiting 20seconds resets the remote. So then I could follow the instruction to unpair and then pair found here https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/programming-your-bluecurve-tv-remote-control/ta-p/6591

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help