Want to know why certain tv series appear watchable one day and go the next

Lmumof4kids82
Grasshopper

Just yesterday I was watching S.W.A.T. on FreeRange TV but now it’s no longer available. I’ve had this happen to other shows I watch and I’m getting frustrated with the service.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

I don't think that Shaw "guarantees" that a certain TV sh...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

I don't think that Shaw "guarantees" that a certain TV show will be available "forever". So, some recordings may "age-out" of Shaw's "library".

Also, it's now September, when the next season of some TV shows will [soon] be available. So, some "purging" of the "old" may be happening.

Also, I've noticed that Shaw's library only contains the most-recent 3 to 5 "new" episodes of a TV show. When a "rerun" is broadcast, the oldest of the "new" episodes is deleted, but the rerun is not added to the library. Flaw in the programming of the "enforcement" of the "number of episodes to be retained" ???

0 Kudos

Availability of programming on demand is based on agreeme...

shaw-valerie

@Lmumof4kids82 Availability of programming on demand is based on agreements with the broadcaster, so can vary based on each show how many number of episodes are available and/or how long after the original air-date the program is available on demand. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help