What is with the constant feed instability?

robbob
Grasshopper

When watching shows that are backed up time wise i.e. 1 - 60 minutes behind the live telecast time, it has become very common for the telecast to "bump" or reset the feed you are watching to the current telecast point of time.  this used to happen only occasionally at the top and bottom of the hour and only on certain channels.  Shaw blamed this upon "sim subs" with no possible fix.  Unfortunately, this is now happening several times an hour on most channels.  The only ways to now watch a show without loosing part of the program is to be stuck to the TV in real time or record it and then watch it sometime later.  This is very annoying and has removed on of the benefits of the Gateway PVR system.  I would love to see how this can be fixed.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: What is with the constant feed instability?

shaw-tony

Hey robbob

Thank you for reaching out! Sorry for the delay in response, the forums aren't monitored as closely as our other support channels. Unfortunately, we do not control the content that is being broadcast by the channel stations. I'd recommend reaching out to them regarding this issue.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help