Why does Ignite TV app not show all my channels

GChuckWright
Grasshopper

I’m new to Ignite TV and I’ve downloaded the app onto my iPad hoping it would be comparable to the Shaw Gateway app I used to use.  Whoa, I was sure mistaken!

With the Gateway app, I could see all my channels from anywhere I had a network connection and could program the PVR to record a show, or cancel a previous recording.  

However, with this Ignite app, none of the US Networks (NBC, ABC, CBS or PBS) are displayed and I cannot figure out how to use this app to set or cancel a recording.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Greg

Labels (1)
5 Replies

Mobile access rights restrict some of the channels from s...

rstra
Grand Master

@GChuckWright  Mobile access rights restrict some of the channels from showing up on the app, this applies no matter which TV platform you have. The Ignite TV app, does not allow you to program recordings, you can only delete recordings, hopefully this changes soon as the Rogers version of the app allows you set recordings.

0 Kudos

Thank you for the answer.  The Gateway app was far more u...

GChuckWright
Grasshopper

Thank you for the answer. 

The Gateway app was far more useful and easy to use.  I don't (nor ever will) want to access my TV shows on my portable device (I'm too old and it's too small!), but I would like to see ALL my channels and be able to set recordings remotely.  I like to watch some sports and quite often I'm out of the house when I remember to set my device to record and all I would do with the Gateway app, was open it, find the show and click on record.  So easy and so nice.  Too bad that "updates" are really downgrades.

Thanks again.

Greg

You are 100% accurate regarding the downgrade. Also in my...

Archie184
Grasshopper

You are 100% accurate regarding the downgrade. Also in my move to ignite, lost the Detroit channels which I’ve had for more than 20 years.  Another takeaway is the ability to pause a program while watching another channel, also pause on 1 tv and pick up on another tv in the house.  No surprise that Rogers is taking away and changing more.

0 Kudos

--  lost the Detroit channels which I’ve had for more tha...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Archie184 --  lost the Detroit channels which I’ve had for more than 20 years.

Do you live close-enough to Detroit to get those channels "over-the-air" ? If not, then you need to add the "Timeshift" group of channels.

Another takeaway is the ability to pause a program while watching another channel,

Press "record" on the channel that you are watching, before switching to the other channel. Press "record" on the other channel, before flipping-back to the first channel.

Also pause on 1 TV and pick up on another TV in the house.

Really? Which TV boxes (the primary unit & the remote WiFi-using units) do you have?

0 Kudos

This thread refers to the app, not the hardware. Those ch...

rstra
Grand Master

@Archie184 This thread refers to the app, not the hardware. Those changes you mention, aside from the loss of the channel, happened long before the Rogers takeover. The Comcast hardware has never had those options, your only option is to migrate back to the gateway system, but that hardware will be retired pretty soon.

0 Kudos