Why is the weather channel so quiet in Vancouver?

Not applicable

We need to have the TV on about 60 on the weather channel (max is 100 I think) to even hear it a little where as all the other channels are normal volume so when we switch from weather to any other channel we are blasted.

This happened around the time the weather channel changed format a few months ago. 

It's a bit annoying but obviously not a huge issue, just having to constantly change the volume 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Why is the weather channel so quiet in Vancouver?

shaw-tony

Hey francksala,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry for the delay in response. The forums aren't monitored as closely as our other support channels. I haven't heard of any reports of this issue. Are you noticing the sound is lower on the SD or the HD version of the weather channel (please include the channel number)? If the issue is still ongoing, please let me know!

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Re: Why is the weather channel so quiet in Vancouver?

Not applicable

Hi Tony, thanks for your reply. We are in Vancouver downtown and the channel number is 18 here. we have an older Samsung LCD tv, i doubt it is the HD version and we subscribe to the basic TV pack from Shaw. 

The issue is absolutely still happening. we need to turn the tv to almost max to hear the weather.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help