thank you for your feedback. BlueCurve TV works different...

shaw-tony

@keanerkeaner @rstra thank you for your feedback. BlueCurve TV works differently from the Gateway system. This is an expected outcome of BlueCurve TV. To watch the channels you left off from, you'd have to record them before moving on. 

-- is your BlueCurve functioning as a "Shaw Cloud PVR", o...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@keanerkeaner -- is your BlueCurve functioning as a "Shaw Cloud PVR", or is recording to a disk-drive inside the BlueCurve?

If the latter, can you successfully record a program onto the disk-drive, and later view it? Does the recording start the play, and then jump to the end?

It could be a "failed" disk-drive that is not recording at all, not even to facilitate "live-rewind".

Has Shaw replaced the BlueCurve?

0 Kudos

all BlueCurve boxes record to the cloud now.

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk all BlueCurve boxes record to the cloud now.

0 Kudos

-- all ... Really? A Shaw web-page states: Who is eligibl...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra -- all ...

Really?

A Shaw web-page states:

Who is eligible for these BlueCurve TV enhancements?

At this time, these features and channels are available only to BlueCurve TV customers in Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, and select surrounding areas. We will expand availability to other regions at a later date.

Current eligible areas are:

Vancouver Island, including these areas:

Bamberton, Bowser, Brentwood Bay, Campbell River, Cassidy, Cedar, Central Saanich, Cobble Hill, Colwood, Comox, Coombs, Courtenay, Cowichan Bay, Cumberland, Dashwood, Deep Bay, Duncan, Errington, Esquimalt, Extension, Fanny Bay, French Creek, Gabriola Island, Highlands, Hilliers, Honeymoon Bay, Koksilah, Ladysmith, Langford, Lazo, Madrona, Malahat, Meade Creek, Merville, Mesachie Lake, Metchosin, Mill Bay, Nanaimo, Nanoose Bay, North Saanich, Oak Bay, Parksville, Port Hardy, Powell River, Qualicum Bay, Qualicum Beach, Royal Oak, Royston, Salt Spring Island, Saltair, Shawnigan Lake, Sidney, Sooke, South Wellington, Union Bay, Victoria, View Royal, Whiskey Creek, Youbou

and:

I'm not in any of the eligible areas. When will I have access to these BlueCurve TV enhancements?

We are expanding availability to other regions at a later date. Updates will be made to this page and announced at that time.

Notable by omission are other Vancouver Island towns: Shirley, Port Renfrew, Port Alberni, Tofino, and Ucluelet.

That list is out of date, also Shaw doesn’t serve Port Re...

rstra
Grand Master

That list is out of date, also Shaw doesn’t serve Port Renfrew, Tofino or Ucuelet. There maybe certain areas, like the Gulf Islands that lack the capacity, but they likely don’t have BlueCurve at all.

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/bluecurve-tv-enhancements-cloud-pvr-more-hd-channels-4k-wirel...

0 Kudos

-- That list is out of date, Not my fault. > Shaw doesn’...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra -- That list is out of date,

Not my fault.

Shaw doesn’t serve Port Renfrew, Tofino or Ucuelet.

I also referenced Port Alberni.

> There maybe certain areas, like the Gulf Islands that lack the capacity, but they likely don’t have BlueCurve at all.

You cited the same URL that I cited. Shaw's list includes Salt Spring Island (served from Victoria or Duncan or Crofton?) and Gabriola (served from Nanaimo?).

0 Kudos

“You cited the same URL that I cited. Shaw's list include...

rstra
Grand Master

“You cited the same URL that I cited. Shaw's list includes Salt Spring Island (served from Victoria or Duncan or Crofton?) and Gabriola (served from Nanaimo?)”

My bad, I was on the other page first and got my links mixed up.

This list doesn’t include Pender, Mayne and Galiano, which lack the capacity to offer BlueCurve.

But, everyone that has BC is recording to the cloud.

0 Kudos

In reply to Tony from Shaw's comment about BlueCurve limitations..

Pepper579
Grasshopper

Then I would like to know if this is simply a functionality that cannot be replicated with BlueCurve or if it is not something that is not in place yet, but could be a future enhancement?

I will be frank, I have just changed over to BlueCurve today and am VERY DISAPPOINTED.  Pausing live tv, moving to another channel and then later going back to the channel and resuming from pause is a feature we used all the time.  In fact, when we tried Telus a few years ago and they didn't offer this feature, we returned to Shaw.  Now you appear to have gotten rid of this great feature?  You have gone backwards in our opinion.  VERY VERY UNHAPPY!!!!!  And no, the suggestion to manually record the show instead is not a solution.  It sounds like a work around for something that is lacking, NOT a solution!!  So far I am regretting the BlueCurve change and am really not sure I am gaining enough to live with what I am losing (there are more things than just the pause issue).

-- So far I am regretting the BlueCurve change  Lamentabl...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Pepper579 -- So far I am regretting the BlueCurve change 

Lamentably, it seems that Shaw no longer can supply the Shaw Gateway PVR -- all new subscribers rent the BlueCurve.

So, if you want to search sites like Craig's List or www.used.ca, you might be able to purchase a Gateway (from somebody who switched away from Shaw), and Shaw might activate it. Be sure to get the serial-number, and ask Shaw to vet it, before you purchase it.

We have this problem too. Sometimes, on the set with the...

Springtide
Grasshopper

We have this problem too. Sometimes, on the set with the slave box, when I try to rewind I get a notice on screen that the device is not equipped to perform that function (or words to that effect). Last night, on the set with the main box, I tried rewinding a channel that had been on for over an hour while I was out of the room. I actually saw the program rewinding normally. When I got to the beginning of the show, which had been on for 5-6 minutes, and I pressed Play, it just went back to the live show. I tried several times. Each time I saw it rewind to the point I wanted, but I could not playback from that point.

TALK TO US
We're here to help