Cable TV is sent to the cable box over rf, with the excep...

rstra
Grand Master

Cable TV is sent to the cable box over rf, with the exception of the BlueCurve Xi6, which is through the XB6. The internet speed and latency may be a symptom of a bigger issue, which needs a service call.

0 Kudos

That would be welcome! It seems to be an Issue when every...

Lenerd
Grasshopper

That would be welcome! It seems to be an Issue when everyone's eyes are "glued to the box", which has been a lot during Covid! Seems to always bottleneck during busy times. Our one of our few pleasures during the pandemic is TV, we just want it to work. 🤔 👩🏻

0 Kudos

-- The last time I pointed out that we had THREE PVR's li...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Lenerd -- The last time I pointed out that we had THREE PVR's listed on our menus, when in fact we only have TWO!

Are you saying that you, over your history as a Shaw customer, have had 3 different PVRs, and that each of them have recorded to the "Shaw Cloud" for your Shaw Account?  Further, are you saying that one of those PVRs is no longer active?

I wonder if the "inactive" status of that PVR means that the recordings you made into the Shaw Cloud are no longer accessible, or if it is just reporting that you have a recording that was scheduled from that now-inactive PVR?

So, can you select a recording, and play it? 

It would be nice if the "death" of a PVR does not remove all the recordings from the Shaw Cloud. It probably would generate loud complaints about Shaw if the "death" of a PVR also *deleted* from the Shaw Cloud.

0 Kudos

Sounds like you would be happier with a completely wirele...

rickatk
Master

@Lenerd wrote:

Thanks, things have generally been working a bit better after all the work on the system locally in the last month. Perhaps we could consider a new Bluecurve , 2.0 Gateway, but ONLY when Shaw has one with ENOUGH ethernet ports! Presently running a bridged Shaw Hitron modem to my own Router. My Linksys WRT AC1900 has great range! Apparently there's a new Gateway [3.0?] coming, and will be available in a few months? Hopefully it will check all the boxes for our needs!?

Sounds like you would be happier with a completely wireless setup at this point. That is what I have and can say the system works really well. Very clean, great Cloud on demand which includes PVR.  I found the XB6 setup really integrates all the Shaw internet phone and tv services nicely. 

0 Kudos

I'm a little apprehensive about a totally wireless setup...

Lenerd
Grasshopper

I'm a little apprehensive about a totally wireless setup because our second TV is 40 to 50 ft away from my cable modem, and bridged router. The second TV isn't 4K but that will probably change in the next year or so. Would you try to run a 4K stream wirelessly at that distance? Please don't suggest a repeater, the articles I've read on the topic illustrate varying results. Presently the Shaw  wireless offerings only have two ethernet ports and I need at least three, but four is better.

0 Kudos

-- only have two ethernet ports, and I need at least thre...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Lenerd -- only have two ethernet ports, and I need at least three, but four is better

Shaw Business customers get a different (not the same as Shaw Residential) HITRON cable-modem that:

1. is quiet -- no fan
  2. has dual-band WiFi
  3. has four Ethernet ports -- gigabit-capable, of course

Shaw is rolling-out an XB7 modem for residential customers, starting in Calgary. It has 4 Ethernet ports and 2 telephone ports.

0 Kudos

Spoke with a SHAW CSR today, and they are scheduling a se...

Lenerd
Grasshopper

Spoke with a SHAW CSR today, and they are scheduling a service call for Monday. Taking a look at the ancient splitter I asked about at the drop box in my garage. Splitter inside house is 1218 Mhz. At the drop, it's only 1 Ghz! Isn't this below MOCA spec? Errors on HDD on the second XG1v4 recorder as well. According to SHAW CSR Kevin In Brampton, the XG1V4 Still RECORDS TO THE HDD, as well as accessing cloud stuff, go figure? You also mentioned, "Cable TV is sent to the cable box over rf, with the exception of the BlueCurve Xi6, which is through the XB6". Kindly expand on that, THANKS! How are these boxes supposed to update in the middle of the night, when many nights the Internet & Cable service is down because SHAW is working on the system?  

0 Kudos

Thanks mdk, for the suggestion! XB7 is NOT available in B...

Lenerd
Grasshopper

Thanks mdk, for the suggestion! XB7 is NOT available in BC as of this writing. >_< 

0 Kudos

The 5 MHz to 1 GHz splitter is fine.

rstra
Grand Master

@Lenerd The 5 MHz to 1 GHz splitter is fine. The Xi6 connects to the BlueCurve gateway wirelessly without the need of coax cable.

0 Kudos

Xi6 will not work with my bridged Hitron modem-Router. Th...

Lenerd
Grasshopper

Xi6 will not work with my bridged Hitron modem-Router. Thanks for the heads up on the splitter spec. though. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help