A Way To Contact Management (Billing Issue)

Inland
Grasshopper

I'm on a two year contract with Shaw. The contract and pricing is good until later next year.

I recently received a bill for $350 (now overdue), more than twice the amount I'd usually pay. Upon further inspection they just cancelled my contract and promo pricing without warning.

It turns out when I returned a defective Gateway Box (was exchanged for another) someone decided to cancel my contract.

I've contacted live chat and phoned and talked to probably about 8 different agents now. I've been told it will be resolved in 48 hours, then a few days, that they'll call me when it's resolved, that they'll transfer me to someone that can help (just got disconnected), that it'll be resolved in 48 hours (again) and nothing ever gets done.

One agent tried to sell me on a new contract with worse pricing because the old promo is gone and they couldn't reactivate it.

When asking for a manager I was told by an agent that they would call me as soon as I hung up talking to them and it just never happened.

I've filled out the feedback/contact form for customer service and got back a canned e-mail that basically told me to call or use live chat and ask for a manager if needed (which doesn't work). Even though the form takes down your phone number for them to call you and asks what time of day to call.

Is there any way to get through to an actual manager directly without going through front line customer service that can't help? Any other options?

12 Replies

Hi  , it sure looks like you have covered all the require...

g-idk
Master

Hi @Inland , it sure looks like you have covered all the required steps, I would suggest snail mail but I couldn't find an address.  I would talk to support one more time, either by chat (preferred) or phone and calmly explain the mess you have been going through and if at the end of the conversation you still are not satisficed, then explain to them that you are filing a complaint with the CCTS https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/  .  Question for you though were your services still running all this time even though the account was cancelled?  That's about all the advice I can give you, since this is only a peer to peer help forum and not an actual channel to Shaw Support. 

Yes. The services are still running this whole time. They...

Inland
Grasshopper

Yes. The services are still running this whole time. They didn't cancel my service, so much as just cancel my contract and promo pricing. It was a 2 year price guaranteed contract that has just been removed early and they are charging me regular price.

0 Kudos

Hi again  , ohh my!  ok then boy that's a head scratcher....

g-idk
Master

Hi again @Inland , ohh my!  ok then boy that's a head scratcher.  Well maybe try what I suggested (fingers crossed).  sorry I'm not more help to you.  Good Luck.  

I would tweet @Shawhelp (not a DM) and explain what happe...

rstra
Grand Master

@Inland I would tweet @Shawhelp (not a DM) and explain what happened, I think the people there are better at taking on those challenging support issues. 

CCTS seems like the only option at this point. Thanks for...

Inland
Grasshopper

CCTS seems like the only option at this point. Thanks for the advice.

They've bungled things so bad looking online at the bill now. It says the bill is overdue and they may disconnect services. It says I owe $410.71 in one place and if I click through onto the latest ebill they want $585.71. It looks like someone tried to add a discounted price back, but it's only $35 off. Also, the bill is to pay through December for some reason.

They  also sent me a new two year contract agreement PDF at slightly higher pricing ($10-$20 a month more, hard to decipher) than I should be paying on the contract, but even that wasn't applied.

0 Kudos

Your Welcome  , here's hoping for a mutual satisfactory c...

g-idk
Master

Your Welcome @Inland , here's hoping for a mutual satisfactory conclusion. 

0 Kudos

-- Another path to contact Shaw: While you are reading th...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Inland -- Another path to contact Shaw:

While you are reading this message, scroll-down to see:

Capture.JPG

Click on the "Your Voice" hyperlink, and submit your feedback to Shaw.

0 Kudos

the person has already done this step as mentioned in the...

g-idk
Master

@mdk the person has already done this step as mentioned in there post, and had many conversations with support , that is why I mentioned the CCTS. 

0 Kudos

They told me they don't have managers or supervisors and...

lordgem
Grasshopper

They told me they don't have managers or supervisors and if I didn't like it I  could cancel my plan...when I went to there branch in Surrey Guildford the man at the door said they no longer deal with people and gave me a number to cancel my plan

0 Kudos