Bill increase

YDalekos
Grasshopper

I have a 2 year contract and my bill went up this month 

6 Replies

Hi  , it is more than likely due to the fact that Rogers/...

g-idk
Master

Hi @YDalekos , it is more than likely due to the fact that Rogers/Shaw is now charging an increased rental fee for any extra tv boxes that you might have.  Your first tv box will remain as a free rental on your 2 year value plan, but any additional boxes are now being charged for, as in no longer free rental.  Most people will pay an additional $7.00 plus tax per month per extra box.  Your 2 year value plan contract does not include any type of freeze on them charging extra rental fees at any time for any extra boxes beyond your first free one.  Only your price for the actual internet use and tv package that you chose are covered, everything else is fair game.  You can check your myshaw app or the my.shaw.ca website to login to your account and under the billing section you will find and area that you can view all your past billing invoices and current charges to see what this extra money is being charged for, if this is not the reason for the extra charges I think are for.  Ok I hope this helps a bit.  

0 Kudos

I believe charging an additional $7 is in clear violation...

bdw
Grasshopper

I believe charging an additional $7 is in clear violation of my original contract. My contract says (2) devices right on it. I cannot return one device without violating the contract so there is no way you can entrap me with this extra $7 charge. If you change the agreement, which you are, then the agreement is null and void in my mind.

, sorry to disappoint, but Rogers/Shaw has not violated a...

g-idk
Master

@bdw , sorry to disappoint, but Rogers/Shaw has not violated any terms on your 2 year value plan.  If you had thoroughly read all the clauses in the contract you would have seen that equipment rental, channel add-ons, theme packs, phone add-ons, long distance rates, yadda yadda none of these things are actually covered in your 2 year value plan, only your base internet &/or tv service is covered. Shaw chose to discount any extra boxes as a courtesy but technically & legally they could have done this as well at any point, Shaw did however from time to time raise prices on pick and pay channels and theme packs even if you were on a 2 year value plan.  I'm not sticking up for Rogers here, just letting you know about the fine print.  

My agreement says this: << Discounts listed above require...

bdw
Grasshopper

My agreement says this:

<< Discounts listed above require the related service(s) or equipment in order to be maintained.>>

Listed above that is how many boxes I have which is 2. (They use x2)

According to theirs words returning one would make me in violation of the agreement

0 Kudos

What   said, plus this:

rstra
Grand Master

@bdw  What @g-idk  said, plus this:

IMG_0561.jpeg

, ok I'm not going to beat a dead horse here, you are ful...

g-idk
Master

@bdw , ok I'm not going to beat a dead horse here, you are fully capable of returning any extra boxes that you do not wish to keep, what you are saying is utter nonsense, all contracts have small print exclusions and it is your responsibility to read and understand them, your contract does not just include that one page document that you are referring to.  Rogers has done nothing legally wrong (morally is a different story).  If you don't want to pay for the extra box return the bloody thing and be done with it.  Geez.