billing

Jk-11
Grasshopper

I would like to know why my bill is so high, I have gone from paying $156.00 a month to now $200.50 as of today. I realize that I witched from what they called Gateway because I wanted to get a PVR Box so I could record a program if I was away.  A few years ago I purchased three boxes at $50.00 each so that I could get TV in the two bedrooms and downstairs, that was fine until I got the PVR box, now they are no good, can't get anything. 

I do not have a Shaw Phone I only have Internet, Cable and a PVR Box for service.   So why is the price I am paying such an outrageous price.  My friends have Cable, Internet, PVR Box and Shaw Phone and do not pay this bloody amount.  You can't get anybody to talk to when you phone, so maybe it is worth checking out some one else for service, we have had only Shaw  service since the seventies or earlier.

10 Replies

Are you on a two year value plan?  We’re you on a two yea...

Spatch
Grasshopper

Are you on a two year value plan?  We’re you on a two year plan that lapsed?  If you’ve had a two year plan lapse contact Shaw to renew for a better deal.  Use their online chat instead of phoning, you will get much faster service.

0 Kudos

We have never been on any plan since the day we got Shaw....

Jk-11
Grasshopper

We have never been on any plan since the day we got Shaw. And no one has ever said anything about a plan to us.  Even when we switched from the first cable box to the one with the PVR, they changed our Channels took away some of the ones we like watching, and never gave us a choice or say in what the difference would be regarding the channels, plus I had to go and get the WWE network because Channel 45 was the one of the channels we had been watching that they took away

0 Kudos

-- I would like to know why my bill is so high If you log...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Jk-11 -- I would like to know why my bill is so high

If you logon to the My Shaw Portal, via "My Bills", you can access all your "Transactions" for the past two years. Examples:

February 1, 2021

Advanced WiFi Modem Rental 4.00
Personal TV 60.00
Personal Phone 25.00
Phone Equipment Rental - Phone Terminal 0.00
Shaw Gateway HDPVR Rental 15.00
Home Phone Voicemail and Call Waiting 6.00
Internet 2-year ValuePlan Agreement 0.00
Tax 19.78

You may compare the most-recent month to previous months, to see which fees have changed.

Note that "Transactions" will not show promotional discounts. In my case, there is a promotional discount of $15, to offset the monthly rental of the PVR.

0 Kudos

Time to get yourself on a value plan to try and get those...

rstra
Grand Master

@Jk-11 Time to get yourself on a value plan to try and get those prices down. You could get Fibre 75 plus Total TV for $160 plus tax. Contact Shaw.

Edit: Just saw Fibre 300 and Total TV for $150 plus tax. 

0 Kudos

--  I had to go and get the WWE network because Channel 4...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Jk-11 --  I had to go and get the WWE network because Channel 45 was the one of the channels we had been watching that they took away

I do not remember EVER getting the WWE channel for "free", not even on the very-old channel plans, e.g., the ones before the "Tier 1/2/3" groups.

Currently, for me, on my Gateway, channel 45 is "History (West)", but the channel-numbers depend on where you live. Via the My Shaw Portal, you can get a list of channels for your account.

Do you own that Shaw Gateway (which is a PVR) and those 3 TV terminals? If so, you can switch your account, to reactivate this equipment, instead of the BlueCurve PVR, and its TV terminals.

But, if you currently are NOT subscribed to a "plan", you should look at what promotional prices that you, as a "new customer", can get with them. Either switch to TELUS, or get a quote from TELUS, and contact Shaw, to see if they can price-match the quote.

0 Kudos

They had to order WWE because Shaw dropped Peacock TV, di...

rstra
Grand Master

They had to order WWE, probably because Shaw dropped Peacock TV, didn’t say they got it for free.

0 Kudos

-- Shaw dropped Peacock TV Did Shaw ever have CRTC-approv...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra -- Shaw dropped Peacock TV

Did Shaw ever have CRTC-approval to offer this NBCUniversal channel?  When one accesses the Peacock TV web-site the result is: This service is unavailable in your region.

@Jk-11 -- I had to go and get the WWE network, because Channel 45 was the one of the channels we had been watching that they took away.

Shaw's TV channel assignments vary by one's location. For me, channel #45 is "History (West)", not WWE.

Also, the WWE Network is a "Premium" add-on channel. It is not available as a Pick and Pay choice. So, it cannot be selected to substitute for a P&P channel, such as BBC Canada, that is no longer broadcasting.

0 Kudos

Had a mind fart, I meant Peachtree TV.

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk Had a mind fart, I meant Peachtree TV.

How come my bill is so hi

Donice
Grasshopper

How come my bill is so hi

0 Kudos