Constant double billing.

Thorgen
Grasshopper

My Credit card expired so I had to actually log into my account to change it.

I noticed I am being double billed for the third time as it is asking twice the price of what my monthly notice is.  Except only one payment was due today, which was paid.  I also paid the last on November 14th.

Can you please explain why you regularly double bill people, and hope they won't ask questions, because your phone line is a 20m-2hr wait?

edit: I just can't see a reason, and I remember talking to an employee when I switched services within Shaw over a year ago who told me it was a "glitch" due to changing plans.  He said he would fix it, but obviously didn't.

Like I know internet/telecommunications practices in Canada are horrendous, but I would like an answer.  I would also like it to not be in violation of the two lost Supreme Court of Canada cases.

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2011/2011-191.htm

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2014/2014-576.htm

4 Replies

If you aren’t satisfied with the customer care rep explan...

rstra
Grand Master

If you aren’t satisfied with the customer care rep explanation, you can go to this link and submit your complaint.

https://www.shaw.ca/contact-us/your-voice

-- how did you pay the previous month's invoice (at your...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Thorgen -- how did you pay the previous month's invoice (at your bank/credit-union, which can take 1 or 2 "business-days" to transfer the payment to Shaw's computers), or online, via the My Shaw Portal? Also, did you pay it exactly on the due date, or a few days early?

Have you signed-up for automatic payment through your credit-card?

If your previous payment was not received by Shaw on the due-date, that amount is itemized on your current invoice, as being "payable now", while your current charges are payable by your due-date.

Check your previous Shaw invoices -- you may download them via that My Shaw Portal.

Also, check online with your bank, to see the dates of your recent payments, to see if you really have "double-paid".

Also, within the My Shaw Portal, under "My Bills", you can choose "Transactions", and get a detailed summary of each chargeable item, and the dates that Shaw processed your payments.

I have been paying my bill each and every month, I gave y...

Wesley5
Grasshopper

I have been paying my bill each and every month, I gave you a double payment 2 months ago, do not know why??

Now you are double billing me again, what's up??

0 Kudos

-- please read the previous messages in this discussion t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Wesley5 -- please read the previous messages in this discussion thread, especially the part about using the "My Shaw Portal".

Have you authorized BOTH your bank/credit-union *and* Shaw to "auto-pay" your account?

This is a peer-to-peer forum, where volunteers try to help.  Contact Shaw: 1-888-472-2222 to talk to their "Billing" department.

0 Kudos