Jump to solution

Got over charged

Yolly1
Grasshopper

My last agreement ended June 15,2024. So before it ends I changed my plan already last June 9 2024 which is I just get the internet for $85 + tax + netflix $10,no more TV’s.Shaw/rogers billed me already June 7-July 7 for $172 which I didn’t use the service yet I don’t know where they get that amount so I called them asking why I got charged that much?And the customer agent said the billing will fixed it.Since I pre-authorized debit they deducted it already to my account wait until the next billing! But since the customer service said they will adjust it for the next payment I believe them! Then this July 8 Shaw/rogers deducted again $208 into my bank account that makes me crazy!!!Whyyy they have to get money from my bank again since the first issue is not resolved yet!!!OMG somebody helllp me here!!!And I called them,unfortunately they don’t want to give my money back😢😭🥺

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Did you look at your invoice to see what the charges are...

rstra
Grand Master

@Yolly1  Did you look at your invoice to see what the charges are for? Did your account actually get changed , did you have some unreturned equipment?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jump to solution

Did you look at your invoice to see what the charges are...

rstra
Grand Master

@Yolly1  Did you look at your invoice to see what the charges are for? Did your account actually get changed , did you have some unreturned equipment?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- logon to the My Shaw Portal, select "Bills", and view...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Yolly1 -- logon to the My Shaw Portal, select "Bills", and view all "Transactions". What items have been recently added or subtracted?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

can you share a number to reach support I've called a few...

sarahlwraight
Grasshopper

can you share a number to reach support I've called a few and talking TO ANYONE is a nightmare. I was charged over 400$ this month and ll I've been told is "This is strictly a withdrawal timing adjustment
and total amounts will not be impacted" which isint the truth if this second charge does in fact go through 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hi  , are you on the autopay system?  If you are then the...

g-idk
Master

Hi @sarahlwraight , are you on the autopay system?  If you are then they are correct with the timing adjustment, anyone on autopay will the first time have 2 autopay withdrawals within that month.  Your first autopay withdrawal would have come out on the day that you are used to but 14 days later another payment will come out to adjust the payment schedule.  Rogers/Shaw has changed the autopay withdrawal dates to 14 days after invoice is issued instead of the old way were it was approx. 30 days give or take, so for that first month you will have 2 withdrawals, but that second payment does cover you for an additional months service.  Then after from now on 1 autopay withdrawal  will happen on the 14th day after your invoice is issued.  Also of note the due date for making manual payments has also changed to 21 days after invoice no longer the 30 days. So if you pay manually the payment now must be received by Rogers/Shaw by the 21st day or interest will be charged daily.  I hope I've explained this ok.  It's turning into a nightmare for a lot of people who were used to things staying the same.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

wrote can you share a number to reach support ... It's al...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@sarahlwraight wrote can you share a number to reach support ...

It's always been 1-888-472-2222.  Don't shoot the messenger, if you've already been calling that number.

Your previous invoice was paid on the 30th day after receiving the invoice, after having service for the preceding 29 days.

Your current invoice for service for the next 30 days is either:

• auto-debited on the 14th day of those 30 days
  • paid by you before the 21st day of those 30 days

Yes, Shaw previously gave you 30 days to pay. Now, like credit-card companies, they give you 21 days to pay.

So, you can disable auto-debit, and try to remember to pay before the 21st day.  Or, you can setup an repeating automatic payment from your bank-account before the 21st day, if you don't want to pay "manually".