How can I get customer service?

cate2020
Grasshopper

I have spent 4 hours over 2 calls to customer service today. I have still not been able to reach a customer service representative. I do not want to call again and waste more of my time and tie up my phone line. It seems incredible that service could be this horrific. How can I possibly get assistance with upgrading my internet service? Now I am wondering why I would upgrade with Shaw instead of switching to a new service provider. How can I get help?

5 Replies

Try the chat option.

rstra
Grand Master

Try the chat option.

0 Kudos

Live chat.  I’ve never waited more than a few minutes to...

Spatch
Grasshopper

Live chat.  I’ve never waited more than a few minutes to connect with an agent, and I’ve always had my issues resolved successfully, including some fairly complicated situations. You can initiate chat through the Shaw app.  Or go to shaw.ca, scroll to the bottom, open the Contact Us pull down menu, and select Live Chat.  Good luck.

0 Kudos

-- while waiting "on hold", did you listen to the recorde...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@cate2020 -- while waiting "on hold", did you listen to the recorded message to "try online chat, via www.shaw.ca/chat  for faster response" ?

I agree with @Spatch -- I receive good assistance while using "chat".

P.S. Be careful when "upgrading", if you currently have any "promotional" discounts on your current contract. Verify that those items will continue.

0 Kudos

Jan 8 from 12pm to 1:19 I have waited for a customer serv...

Ptmal
Grasshopper

Jan 8 from 12pm to 1:19 I have waited for a customer service rep. This is abysmal service and it figures the Rgers Shaw merger is a bigger mess than all we perceive.

0 Kudos

wrote: from 12 PM to 1:19 ... Welcome to this peer-to-pee...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Ptmal wrote: from 12 PM to 1:19 ...

Welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help.

Were you waiting for a "chat" session ( www.shaw.ca/chat )  or were you on the telephone?

If the latter, you should have been given an option to leave a "call-back" telephone-number.

Shaw's telephone system should be routing your call to the next available Agent, which might be a Call Centre in a different province (12 PM in Calgary is 11 AM in Nanaimo & 3 PM in Ontario) where there is a Shw/Rgers Agent. In the past, I have talked to an Agent in Belize City & one in the Maritimes.

0 Kudos