I'm on a 2-Year Value Plan So Why Did My January Bill Go Up ????

bostonbob
Grasshopper

My 2-year value plan expires March 31st 2022 so I was surprised to see my rates go up for my January bill. My regular bill ( Total TV, Internet 50 and Home Phone ) is $126.42 ( including taxes ) but my January bill is for $127.47. I checked out my last 2 bills and the only differences are that on my January bill SHAW added $5 to the internet total but they also added a $5 credit to the internet total plus they added $1 to home phone. Now I know the difference is only $1 ( well $1.05 including tax ) for my January bill but what if they add another $5 to home phone next year ???? I thought the price for all 3 services was tied in for 2 full years which is the main reason customers sign up for these value plan deals. Is home phone not part of the 2-year value plan ??? 

3 Replies

Looks like the phone isn’t part of the Value Plan, if so,...

rstra
Grand Master

Looks like the phone isn’t part of the Value Plan, if so, maybe you could negotiate that back down.

0 Kudos

Yeah - you're exactly right. Yesterday ( shockingly ) I w...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@rstra wrote:

Looks like the phone isn’t part of the Value Plan

Yeah - you're exactly right. Yesterday ( shockingly ) I was able to get a CSR on the phone and she explained that home phone services are not part of any 2-year value plan. I went back and checked the contract that SHAW e-mailed me and it only mentions TV and Internet services. I find that a bit weird so hopefully the home phone rates don't start going up every year. I guess they didn't go up at all during my last 2-year value plan because unless I made long distance calls, watched a VOD or added something to my TV package my rates stayed exactly the same for the duration of my plan.

0 Kudos

Yes, I don’t recall my dad’s home phone price increasing...

rstra
Grand Master

Yes, I don’t recall my dad’s home phone price increasing over the last few years. 

0 Kudos