Is this a Shaw Number that called us?

mahram
Grasshopper

We had a phone call recently from this number 833-793-1026 and i did a search that it was a shaw number that called and usually it's to remind you that your 2 year contract is about to expire.

We got an email a couple days ago about our 2 year contract expiring in august and asked us to renew with a package offer. We did that already through shaw message and the agent renewed us on a 2 year deal with the same contract and had email the details of the accepted offer for another 2 years.

So i'm confused as to why there was a call to us about this?

5 Replies

-- Any "833" number is a toll-free call. I called the num...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mahram -- Any "833" number is a toll-free call. I called the number, and it is a Shaw number, or a good fake, using the same recorded voices that I have heard on 1-888-472-2222.

My two-year Value Plan was scheduled to expire today (June 2, 2021), but I got a call from Shaw in February, offering a new two-year Value Plan, with no penalty for terminating my current contract (March, April, and May 2021). I kept the same features (TV/Phone/Internet) for only $8/month more than I signed-up for in June 2019. That is a 2% increase per year -- much less than the price-increases for gasoline & lumber in the last two years.

0 Kudos

that sounds like what the call would have been about beca...

mahram
Grasshopper

that sounds like what the call would have been about because ours expired in august 12 and right now would have been the time to call to renew even though we renewed ours just 2 days ago through the shaw message system. she verified the agreement and sent it out in the email too so if that was the call was about we'll just let them know if they call agin

0 Kudos

Make sure you ask for a credit for the difference on your...

rstra
Grand Master

Make sure you ask for a credit for the difference on your remaining months. 

0 Kudos

oh the price is going up a bit so i don't think that woul...

mahram
Grasshopper

oh the price is going up a bit so i don't think that would work lol. the special price offer was 170 which is what it cost right now but it went up to 176 because the type of package i want isn't offered anymore so they had to give me a special price but raised it by 6 bucks so we just went with it. it starts on july 28th even though the current deal ends on aug 12. 

though in 2 years i wonder what's gonna happen if rogers takes over....i guess we have some time to decide before then

0 Kudos

Oh, that is close to your expiry anyway so it wouldn’t ma...

rstra
Grand Master

@mahram Oh, that is close to your expiry anyway so it wouldn’t make much difference. 

I have looked at the TV packages from Rogers and there is a lot more variety, I hope they are offered to us when the takeover happens. 

0 Kudos