i'm going to tell rogers they can shove their extra box f...

Kn7
Grasshopper

i'm going to tell rogers they can shove their extra box fee as well.   I signed up for a "fixed" two year plan and they just increase it anyway.

the amount of extra money is not significant but it does piss me off greatly that money grubbing Rogers just goes ahead and does this --- because they can !!   Shaw owned cable never did this for like 20 years before rogers.

They are corporate scum.

I had three and called... I was told i was charged 12 for...

marktombari
Grasshopper

I had three and called... I was told i was charged 12 for the 3rd plus taxes. 7 for the second plus taxes .. only one included which was not related to me in the conversation for renewal.. found out the hardway... not happy about it.. I returned one for the credit and the second one will be going back shortly... the previous plan covered 2 and $5 for the 3rd.

0 Kudos

The "Critical Information Summary" they sent when I signe...

Deb_Gustafson
Grasshopper

The "Critical Information Summary" they sent when I signed my 2 year contract listed the "TV Portal Rental" with the rate under the heading "TV (Services provided for the fixed term of the ValuePlan Commitment Period)".   The' fine print' on this Shaw "Critical Information Summary" only mentioned phone service charges as being out of scope (which was always the case with Shaw).  My mistake was thinking Rogers operated with the same integrity of Shaw.   I find this marketing practice that Rogers now employs to be very deceptive, and I plan to send a complaint to the Commissioner for Complaints Telecom-television Services.  Others may want to do the same.

See the CCTS website www.ccts-cprst.ca or 1-888-221-1687.  

0 Kudos

, Yes I think that would be the place to file a complaint...

g-idk
Master

@Deb_Gustafson , Yes I think that would be the place to file a complaint if so desired.  One thing to note when you say "Critical Information Summary" the very definition of that implies that this is only a summary and that there is a lot more to the contract that you should be aware of, hint small print exclusions.  Shaw has always had the legal right to impose extra fees for rental equipment but they chose not too, and usually discounted the cost of extra boxes making them free rentals, however they never truly had to do this.  It is clearly stated in the small print that extra equipment rentals, tv add-ons, pick and pay channels, theme packs, phone add-ons, etc. are not part of the 2 year value plan and those items can be increased at any time with notice.  Shaw did use to raise prices on theme packs and pick and pay channels even if you were on a 2 year value plan, they just never did the extra tv boxes.  I'm not sticking up for Rogers just letting you know that those clauses have always been there.   

0 Kudos

Yup. Just got screwed on that one too. I thought it was a...

juvi
Grasshopper

Yup. Just got screwed on that one too. I thought it was a billing error. I was on hold forever trying to call them. I tried the chat option and it timed out 3 times. This is utterly ridiculous. We all have contracts with price guarantees on them. They can’t just do that. I got no warning or notice of any kind   What I do have in writing is a 2 year contract which includes 3 boxes. Anyone who signs up AFTER September 15 should be subject to it. Not us current customers. SHAMEFUL 

0 Kudos

Agreed. 2 year fixed plan means nothing apparently. Anyon...

juvi
Grasshopper

Agreed. 2 year fixed plan means nothing apparently. Anyone who signs up after September 15 can have it. Not us current customers.  Highway robbery 

0 Kudos

Yes !! I remember that when I was a kid. Many decades ago

juvi
Grasshopper

Yes !! I remember that when I was a kid. Many decades ago 

0 Kudos

, totally agree with your statement about "Anyone who sig...

g-idk
Master

@juvi , totally agree with your statement about "Anyone who signs up after September 15 can have it. Not current customers" I would also add to that statement,  Not current customers on 2 year value plans, only when they renew after Sept.15.  I think if Rogers had done it this way they probably wouldn't have the backlash that they are having over they way they handled this.  They totally dropped the ball on this one.  Just because you have the legal right to do something, doesn't always mean you should.  I don't know why anybody at Rogers didn't think of this idea of implementing the change, instead of a blanket coverage for everyone.  Take care. 

P.S. The notice was printed on your invoice the month before, I think it was on the second page somewhere.

0 Kudos

We only have one alternative and that is TBAY tel which s...

Kaplanis
Grasshopper

We only have one alternative and that is TBAY tel which some say is even worse...Why did the CR|TC allow \Shaw and Rogers to merge in the first place.

0 Kudos

I have one extra box I am not using and was told months a...

Lois79
Grasshopper

I have one extra box I am not using and was told months ago it was free. I took the extra box to the office and they wouldn’t take it and said it’s free so why return it?

0 Kudos