, let's see hmmm duhhh, because you are now being charged...

g-idk
Master

@Lois79 , let's see hmmm duhhh, because you are now being charged rental on it.  Months ago it was free but no longer.  If you want to pay the extra rental then of course why return it.  Also since the pandemic (covid) no Rogers/Shaw store ever accepts returns of equipment, it is all done through Canada Post returns.  So totally up to you.   

0 Kudos

Since Rogers is breaking their Shaw Agreement arbitrarily...

Vic45
Grasshopper

Since Rogers is breaking their Shaw Agreement arbitrarily, I believe that customers should initiate a class action lawsuit against them.  My agreement states on the first page that the services are provided for the fixed term of the value plan agreement and specifically lists the entertainment box rentals under that statement.  Rogers are definitely breaking their agreement.  Are there other customers who would like to pursue a class action lawsuit against Rogers?

0 Kudos

, Hi, sorry to disappoint but Rogers/Shaw for the million...

g-idk
Master

@Vic45 , Hi, sorry to disappoint but Rogers/Shaw for the millionth time has not breached or broken any contract with you.  Please remember there is alot more than that one page that encompasses your complete contract.  There are many exclusions in the rest of the contract.  Rental equipment, channel add-ons, theme packs, pick and pay channels, telephone add-ons etc. all of these things are not covered in your 2 year value plan and the price can increase with notice at any time.  Personally I don't think any reputable lawyer would touch this with a ten foot pole, you signed the contract, you were given 10 days to read all the fine print that encompasses the full contract and try out the services.  After the 10 days if you are still using the services then you have automictically agreed to all the clauses in the contract.  Morally what they did is wrong but not legally.  I don't like this one bit either but that's a contract for you( always, always, read all the fine print on everything).  Other than this crap have a great day.     

0 Kudos

wrote I believe that customers should initiate a class ac...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Vic45 wrote I believe that customers should initiate a class action lawsuit against them.

Rogers are definitely breaking their agreement.

Yet to be proved in court.

Are there other customers who would like to pursue a class action lawsuit against Rogers?

Maybe. Maybe, create & advertise on www.change.org  to recruit customers who are willing to co-pay your lawyer.

Go for it.  First, pay a lawyer to draft a lawsuit, and then recruit other Rogers subscribers to your cause. The lawyer will need to get the lawsuit registered as a "class-action" filing.  Costly? Maybe.

My agreement states on the first page that the services are provided for the fixed term of the value plan agreement and specifically lists the entertainment box rentals under that statement.

Yes, the contract says that you are renting the device, and must return it (or pay a fee) when you terminate services.  The contract also fixes the monthly fee for your Internet & your TV services for the duration, but it does not fix the monthly fee (or lack thereof) for the device.

Hi and thanks for your comment.  I spoke to an Rogers age...

Vic45
Grasshopper

Hi and thanks for your comment.  I spoke to an Rogers agent and filed a dispute charge.  As a result, they are honoring my two year agreement.

, Awesome great news, very happy for you.  You did the ri...

g-idk
Master

@Vic45 , Awesome great news, very happy for you.  You did the right thing by going through them first and complaining directly.  They are probably overwhelmed with all the complaints, and rightly so.  Finally some good news.   

I totally agree with you and will be looking at discontin...

JoanHarv
Grasshopper

I totally agree with you and will be looking at discontinuing and looking at what other companies have to offer. Our billing before the merge was doable for us but this feels like gouging after Shaw merged with Rogers. Not happy at all as our bill has increased every month since the merge.

0 Kudos

Just drove into town to talk to a Rogers person about the...

RDP
Grasshopper

Just drove into town to talk to a Rogers person about the $7 overcharge on my 'new plan'.  Haven't been able to talk to anyone at Rogers/Shaw as they are "experiencing higher than normal call volumes......"  Left a message for a call back and guess what?  No call back.  

In the store however, I took in my last billing with a copy the "Your order summary" dated August 12, 2024 and a copy of the new billing which indicated the $7 overcharge.  The clerk was polite but said it was because Shaw/Rogers only started billing for the second tv box (we've always had two TV's) and that wasn't included in the value plan.  I pointed to the language in the Order Summary under "Television". 

"Ignite Total TV (gnite Entertainment Box rental included)

"  and also says Ignite Entertainment Box Renta X2 $5.00   

0 Kudos

wrote: Not happy at all as our bill has increased every m...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@JoanHarv wrote: Not happy at all as our bill has increased every month since the merge.

Every month? Really?

If you logon to the My Shaw Portal, and click "Bills", you can review all the detailed transactions for the past 24 months.  There must be something that is being added each month (PPV? long-distance charges?) that cause the month-to-month changes.

0 Kudos

, please remember that an order summary does not encompas...

g-idk
Master

@RDP , please remember that an order summary does not encompass your entire contract, it is an order summary that's it, nothing more.  The actual contract is many pages which include fine print exclusions, such as the right to increase prices on rental equipment, channel add-ons, theme packs, pick and pay channels, home phone add-ons, such as voicemail etc. only your base internet and tv service is covered by your 2 year value plan, the rest is open market as per the fine print.  I know this sucks and Rogers/Shaw did a terrible job of implementing all these changes, but I just thought I'd let you know why they were allowed to do it.