Yup they really are sticking it to us …..my seasonal ( ha...

Millwrightgramp
Grasshopper

Yup they really are sticking it to us …..my seasonal ( ha  break..ha ha) is now 10$ a month charge bill went from zero to NOW 71$ I will be shopping for a new service in the near future starchoice was super …went to Shaw …..$$….rogers…….$$$$$$ can only allow so much THREE INCREASES  SINCE ROGERS TOOK OVER, LOST ALL MY …PAID FOR… BOXES …CRTC DROPS THE BALL ! 

ps. Service is the same just more money!!

0 Kudos

Hello I am being charged $30.00 per month for 2 ignite en...

Rileyfamily
Grasshopper

Hello

I am being charged $30.00 per month for 2 ignite entainment box rental

That is $15.00 per box per box !!! That is $360.00 per year

My Shaw cable bill is $1814.40 per year!!!

We are retired now this is RIDICULOUS!!!

I need options PLEASE

0 Kudos

, Hi there, the only thing you can probably do is the con...

g-idk
Master

@Rileyfamily , Hi there, the only thing you can probably do is the contact Rogers/Shaw Directly through the chat service ( the big Need Help? button) on the side of this page or phone them at 1-888-472-2222.  Explain to them that you are seniors on a fixed income and you cannot afford this increase and that you are very upset (just don't yell at the rep. you won't get anywhere that way).  If you are on a 2 year value plan 1 box is still free, only the extra boxes are being charged for.  Wish I could help more but we are just a peer to peer discussion forum and not a direct path to Rogers/Shaw support or billing.  Good luck, let us know what happens.  

0 Kudos

I called the 1-888 number, took 1 hr 45 min for the call...

SachinSehgal79
Grasshopper

I called the 1-888 number, took 1 hr 45 min for the call to get answered. In between, I used the chat function, managed to talk to a live agent on the chat, but that went nowhere. 

When I was finally able to talk on the phone with a live agent, we talked about 30 minutes about why there was a price increase. She read the basic script they were given, the one about the technology change. I asked her what the change was, was it in the services or the physical box. First she said box, then I said that was interesting seeing how my box is the same one from 2 years ago. Then she said it was the services, so I asked what is different from 3 months ago to today that justifies the cost, cause of services are better, I'd be glad to pay for it - she couldn't answer but she did giggle. Then she said it was a management decision. Fine.

Then I said  for my price increase for boxes 2,3,4, all that was done was the $30 (3 boxes x $10 per box) promotion was reduced to $9 ($3 each box) So I asked if people didn't have promotions, does it mean they raised their box prices from $15 to $22, cause the price increase was across the board. She couldn't answer.

Then I finally told her that my price went up $20 a month cause I have 4 boxes and we re-signed in June, and I had 20 months remaining. I told her that since the additional $20 per month for 20 months remaining would cost me an additional $400, I'd rather spend $30 a month to cancel my subscription ($600), cause for an extra $10 a month, I'd rather not deal with this anymore. She said we wouldn't want a customer to leave over a bill increase (at least she is doing her job, unlike the online chat who basically said leave). I asked her what if Rogers feels that they aren't making enough revenue, what is to stop them from raising the box prices from $15 to $90 a month. She couldn't answer. She was very polite and totally understood the frustration of not just me, but probably the other huhdreds of people who have called to complain.

I'm waiting on hold while she checks what she can do to get the pricing back down. The threat of leaving for an extra $200 if I cancelled my account vs staying on for the remainder of the subscription is worth it for me and enough for her to at least look for a promotion she can add.

Update: she was able to add an additional $10 a month promotion, so the total increase is only $10 a month and not $20.

If Telus calls again, I'm likely going to at least listen to what they have to offer as last time I mentioned I was in a contract with these buggers and they had no issue paying the cancellation.

Optik customers on term contracts get the first box free,...

rstra
Grand Master

@SachinSehgal79  Optik customers on term contracts get the first box free, additional boxes are $10 each. 

0 Kudos

Wow at least you got someone that wasn’t reading from a s...

JulianT
Grasshopper

@SachinSehgal79 
Wow at least you got someone that wasn’t reading from a script, or at least went off script

i must have had around 4 interactions with CS reps, none of them would listen/understand my requests, jus5 that I was told about the price increase on previous bills, maybe they should have put it in bold and highlighted red, anyhow I digress, I put in a complaint, got a response that was basically just the same spiel as the CS Reps gave.

So, I’ve gone to Bell, frying pan into the fire, who knows but I’ve saved 50 bucks a month.

Tuesday will be my last day.

This morning I received offers from Shaw that are on a par with Bell, too late Shaw, should’ve offered these ‘deals’ when I asked about them last week.

So long and thanks for all the fish…

0 Kudos