Highlighted
Jump to solution

Promotion pricing of "By the Gig" Plan

Grasshopper

The current offer as I understand it is $0 for calls and texts plus $10 per gig for data with rollover. We are Shaw Internet 300 customers and we are interested in this plan. I believe this is promotional pricing....what is the regular price for Shaw internet 300 customers when the promotion expires?

Thank you,

Wayne Black

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Jump to solution

I believe you are technically correct. However, I found a...

Grasshopper

I believe you are technically correct. However, I found a couple small print notes:
13. Offer subject to change or cancellation without notice. -- This I understand as simply being a CYA protocol ๐Ÿ˜‹ Though in theory, once Shaw Mobile starts expanding we could see all plans change in price for new subscribers.

11. Connection fee
A one-time connection fee of $20 applies to each new line activation or hardware upgrade. -- Pretty self explanatory here, and pretty much the going rate for any telco.
5. Auto Payment  
This plan requires Auto Payment otherwise an additional $5/month charge will be applied for each month the pre-authorized payment (Auto Payment) is not activated on your account.  -- Make sure you enable auto pay or your $0 plan will become a bank breaking $5 ๐Ÿ˜‹

Here is the most important part:
2. $0 By The Gig 
Shaw Fibre+ Internet customers are eligible to receive a $15 credit per month on the $15 By The Gig plan. Auto payment and approved credit required. A Shaw Internet bundle discount is available on up to a total 6 lines, based off approved credit. Offer subject to change or cancellation without notice.  You may purchase By The Gig Data one-time passes $10 per 1GB, valid for up to 90 days, which can be used on the Shaw or Nationwide Networks. Pay-per-use, one-time passes and additional add-on charges are extra and may change with notice.

This is very important to understand. The By The Gig plan is not $0, rather it is regular price $15/month for non-Shaw internet subscribers and those with incompatible internet tiers. However, as you have Internet 300, you get the $15 discount on up to 6 lines, making it effectively $0

I hope this info helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Jump to solution

I believe that deal is available as long as you are an in...

Master

I believe that deal is available as long as you are an internet customer. 

Highlighted
Jump to solution

I believe you are technically correct. However, I found a...

Grasshopper

I believe you are technically correct. However, I found a couple small print notes:
13. Offer subject to change or cancellation without notice. -- This I understand as simply being a CYA protocol ๐Ÿ˜‹ Though in theory, once Shaw Mobile starts expanding we could see all plans change in price for new subscribers.

11. Connection fee
A one-time connection fee of $20 applies to each new line activation or hardware upgrade. -- Pretty self explanatory here, and pretty much the going rate for any telco.
5. Auto Payment  
This plan requires Auto Payment otherwise an additional $5/month charge will be applied for each month the pre-authorized payment (Auto Payment) is not activated on your account.  -- Make sure you enable auto pay or your $0 plan will become a bank breaking $5 ๐Ÿ˜‹

Here is the most important part:
2. $0 By The Gig 
Shaw Fibre+ Internet customers are eligible to receive a $15 credit per month on the $15 By The Gig plan. Auto payment and approved credit required. A Shaw Internet bundle discount is available on up to a total 6 lines, based off approved credit. Offer subject to change or cancellation without notice.  You may purchase By The Gig Data one-time passes $10 per 1GB, valid for up to 90 days, which can be used on the Shaw or Nationwide Networks. Pay-per-use, one-time passes and additional add-on charges are extra and may change with notice.

This is very important to understand. The By The Gig plan is not $0, rather it is regular price $15/month for non-Shaw internet subscribers and those with incompatible internet tiers. However, as you have Internet 300, you get the $15 discount on up to 6 lines, making it effectively $0

I hope this info helps.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Jump to solution

-- it is regular price $15/month for non-Shaw internet su...

Grand Master

@SP3CTRYS -- it is regular price $15/month for non-Shaw internet subscribers and those with incompatible internet tiers.

The information on the Shaw web-site states that most Internet plans, even "Internet 75", are compatible with the $15/month discount.

Actually, $15/month for "unlimited talk-and-text" for everybody else is better than some "light-usage" plans from other cell-phone providers. So, if one is using some other provider (Virgin? Bell? Rogers? PetroCanada? Walmart?), it might be cheaper to switch to Shaw Mobile. Customers of Telus cell-phone service get an additional "bundle" discount, if they have the Telus Optik "bundle".  So, Telus Wireless customers probably would not find it economic to switch.

Think about your grandmother who pays monthly to carry a cell-phone in her purse, for "emergencies". Maybe, one of your six allowable cell-phones could be loaned to her ?