Shaw Advance Billing Issues

Customer121
Grasshopper

Hi Shaw,

I think you should seriously look at making your billing a lot more customer friendly.

My Case:

My old contract ($115 + tax) ends on March 7, 2022.   I have renewed the contract ($120 + tax) with Shaw effective Match 7, 2022.  I called on Feb 4th, 2022 to renew.

February's bill (for the service in March) was $145 + Tax.  Which I am okay over paying a little because the bill came before we have made arrangement with Shaw on the new contract.   I would expect the adjustment to be reflected on the next bill.

However, to my surprise, March's bill (for the service in April) came and again charged me for $145 + Tax and no adjustment made for the over payment from the previous bill.

I called today to see if there was a mistakes or anything, and was disappointed to hear how your system works as your agent explains to me.  She said, because the March's bill (for the service in April), came in before your new contract starts (March 7th), the system will bill you assuming you do not have a contract.  Despite the system knows that I have a contract starting effectively on March 7th.

So basically, Shaw is asking the customer to over pay for 2 months (service in March and April) despite having a contract that starts in March.  The February's bill for the service in March, I understand, will be hard to re-adjust since it was already out, but I fail to understand why it cannot be adjusted for the March's bill for the service in April.

Shaw's policy on making customer pay in advance is already something I question.  But fine, that's how Shaw operates, I can understand that.   But if you want customers to pay in advance and not calculate the bill base on the contract in advance, that I cannot understand.   One contracts ($115+tax) ends and the next one ($120+tax) starts without a gap in between, yet you ask the customer to pay $145+tax for a 2-months gap in between?

I understand it will be all fixed and adjusted in the next bill, April for the service in May.  But still, that's 2 month later before the customer gets the money that was overpaid back.

5 Replies

Hi , We value your feedback and suggestions and are commi...

shaw-tommy

Hi @Customer121,

We value your feedback and suggestions and are committed to addressing any concern. I would suggest you to fill out a feedback form on our Shaw Your Voice website here. https://bit.ly/3F4dx1a as this is the best way for your feedback to be sent to the proper stakeholders!

Thanks for reaching out

-Tommy

I'm just trolling the forums as this point to be honest....

f__u__c__k
Grasshopper

I'm just trolling the forums as this point to be honest.

It is always such an ordeal just to pay my bills. They made me make a 'display name' this time... I did so and I regret nothing.

(Just take my freaking money and leave me alone)

0 Kudos

>> (Just take my freaking money and leave me alone) To be...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

>> (Just take my freaking money and leave me alone)

To be "left alone", sign-up with Shaw to auto-debit your bank-account on the due date.

Just don't die.  Your Executor will need to contact Shaw, to terminate your Shaw services.

0 Kudos

i had to face the problem for the service for last contra...

nimma
Grasshopper

i had to face the problem for the service for last contract. while I was in contract to pay fixed amount despite that I was being billed for 5 to 10$ extra each month and had to call customer service each month for over billing and I faced this for two years and i had to pay extra money each month. I was told before starting the contract I would be charged 54$ for the first year and and around 64$ for the second year but till the end of contract it was 145$ and I never get told promotion in decent way. I was badly disappointed the way I was overbilled every month and only got some percent off as agent told me they can't revert it. so I canceled bundle service. now I only have internet service for the flat rate and paying 67$ and I had no problem till today but I don't trust shaw any more. so be careful while signing the contract because agent tells you something else but the truth is something else. it not only happened to me not only once but twice. I had the same problem for the two contracts means first contract was for 1 year and second contract was for the two years. Both times they started increasing monthly bill while in contract and once it is increased does not revert to commitment plan rate.   

0 Kudos

-- they started increasing monthly bill while in contract...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@nimma -- they started increasing monthly bill while in contract 

On a two-year Value Plan, only the Internet and the TV costs remain the same. 

If you also have Shaw Phone, that has no "price-freeze".  You can cancel it, at any time, with no direct penalty. However, cancelling it may affect any "promotional discounts" that you are receiving.

Logon to the My Shaw Portal, and you can review all the "transactions" for the most-recent 24 months, to see when/what charged.

0 Kudos