Speak to a live person

janetwood
Grasshopper

8 Replies

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@janetwood -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help.

Please contact Shaw/Rogers: 1-888-472-2222 to talk to an Agent.

0 Kudos

Can not make contact after spending hours on this phone l...

David09
Grasshopper

Can not make contact after spending hours on this phone line. More agents are needed. This is a very unsupported and customer unfriendly service line.

0 Kudos

, It is supposed to be faster by chat instead of phone....

g-idk
Master

@David09 , It is supposed to be faster by chat instead of phone.  Click the big red Need Help? button on the side of this page and then enter the chat.  Also after the chat robot gets your info and asks how can I help you, enter agent into the chat to be directed to a live person that you can talk with.  Hopefully this works out better for you.  I think they favour chat over phone.  

--  wrote: [chat robot} ... be directed to a live person...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@David09 -- @g-idk wrote: [chat robot} ... be directed to a live person that you can talk with 

Not quite correct. 

You'll (soon!) enter a text-based "chat" with a live Agent, not a voice-to-voice telephone session.

A sneaky way is to telephone Shaw/Rogers, and select "new customer" or "upgrade my services", under the assumption that they want to add customers.  Those Agents may forward your telephone-call to the correct department.

P.S. Shaw/Rogers has "call centres" all across Canada (Nanaimo, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Maritimes). So, you'll never know the physical location of the Agent. That is one way that they provide "more" Agents.

0 Kudos

I just enter “agent” right away and then I am asked if it...

rstra
Grand Master

@g-idk I just enter “agent” right away and then I am asked if it is for home or business. The annoying part is that after I enter my account info and pin, the agent will ask my for the info again.

0 Kudos

Hi  , I understand what you are saying and that is why I...

g-idk
Master

Hi @rstra , I understand what you are saying and that is why I don't enter agent until after I've given my account info and pin and then bang It connects me with a live agent or a cue for a live agent.  Works everytime for me anyways.  

0 Kudos

, wow a little picky.  Of course they are not entering a...

g-idk
Master

@mdk , wow a little picky.  Of course they are not entering a voice to voice telephone session, they are on a text chat service, I don't think they magically think that it will turn into a voice conversation.  But all the same thanks for pointing out my little mistake, I'm sure the poster has got the message.   

wrote Speak to a live person Hey!  If I call on October 3...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@janetwood wrote Speak to a live person

Hey!  If I call on October 31 (Hallowe'en), will I get to talk to a dead person? That would be spooky!   🙂

If I were to call on November 1 (All Saints Day), would I talk to the entire New Orleans football team?  🙂

0 Kudos