Yes, that is how is was until this month, they withdraw t...

proud-boomer
Grasshopper

Yes, that is how is was until this month, they withdraw the amount, (or billed to my credit card) one day after the service I used ended. I seem to remember Shaw used to bill it about a week later than that, but I'd have to check back on my prior invoices,  However, I am good with paying a day after I completed the use of my monthly service.  Starting with this month Rogers has charge my credit card on August 21st for my August 8th to September 7th usage, half way through the use, so the are post billing me for half and prebilling me for half. If that double billing on my credit card statement was beyond my finances, I would have to carry that second bill on my credit card and pay 18-25% annual interest on it, while Rogers gets my payment for two weeks I haven't even used yet, interest free.

0 Kudos

If you are being offered a special discount for your Shaw...

proud-boomer
Grasshopper

If you are being offered a special discount for your Shaw/Rogers services, the company is, in effect subsidizing your bill and perhaps under that circumstance they justify a pre-payment if you are getting a substantial discount.  For the rest of us chumps, up until now, we just pay full costs, but they were billing us after our use, which seems fair.  Paying for services one actually has used, even by one day after, is reasonable. Demanding payment for services only half used is a money grab.

0 Kudos