Jump to solution

Not bad on open unfinished walls or lots of wire fishing.

rickatk
Master

@rstra  Not bad solution on open unfinished walls or lots of wire fishing. I agree it’s a matter of connecting one jack directly to another via a long in wall wire.

Must be something magical that goes in the phone modem to sort the multi jack routing out.

I am pretty happy with the Motorola AX phone solution. Fortunately my old phone set was showing it’s age. Having Alexa is nice too.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

That’s a pretty cool phone, makes me want to get a landli...

rstra
Grand Master

That’s a pretty cool phone, makes me want to get a landline again.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

As a phone the AX series does have some nice features. Us...

rickatk
Master

As a phone, the AX series does have some nice features. Using Alexa, my iPhone contacts uploaded to the AX phone cloud really fast.

Voice quality is very good with Dect 6 as they call it:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_enhanced_cordless_telecommunications .

Network time is handy as is keeping all the phones in sync via the cloud.The AX series seems to breathe some life into otherwise old technology.

My wife is happy, she likes a landline still. I am happy because I can peel one more piece of hardware out of the home tech mix.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I received a further email message from Shaw Tech Support...

rickatk
Master

I received a further email message from Shaw Tech Support confirming that the wiring mystery has to be sorted out by a tech at the demarcation box. The tech offered to set up an appointment for a site visit to sort out the wiring. 

This is the suggested wiring strategy and it seems the Blue Curve Gateway is quite capable of offering multi room connections just like the Shaw phone modem as long as the connections are made correctly at the demarcation box. 

image002.png

I passed on the site visit as I went with a headless cordless phone set that doesn't rely on house wiring. The phone set comes with additional cool features like Alexa.

Thanks to Shaw for taking the time to answer my questions and providing great support. Thanks to the forum as well for your helpful comments. 

Jump to solution

I had a working Telephone line via one of the two "teleph...

Keldude
Grasshopper

I had a working Telephone line via one of the two "telephone ports" on the back of the "BlueCurve" TV/Phone device at my previous address. I was told to just move the device over to the new location, connect to the internet and all is well. Yes, the internet and TV are perfect, no complaints. Problem is our phone gets only a "busy signal" in either telephone port so we have no home phone line.  Please send a technician here to complete the installation.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

You need to contact Rogers, an anonymous post is not goin...

rstra
Grand Master

@Keldude  You need to contact Rogers, an anonymous post is not going to to get you anywhere.   

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- our phone gets only a "busy signal" in either telephon...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Keldude -- our phone gets only a "busy signal" in either telephone port 

If you subscribe to Shaw/Rogers voice-mail, and somebody has left you a voice-mail message, then when you pick up your handset, you will hear an intermittent tone, to indicate that you have voice-mail. Is that what you are hearing?  Or, when somebody tries to call you, do they get a "busy" signal?

Through the My Shaw Portal, you can access your voice-mail messages, listen to them, download them, and delete them.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help