Highlighted

Calls charged to my home phone number

Grasshopper

In reviewing my past bills I found two numbers that were supposedly dialed from my home phone number. One on January 7 to a Fort McMurray number for 15 minutes and then one 13 minutes later to a Red Deer number for one minutes.  Six days later to the same number in Fort McMurray was called for 5 minutes. We were not even home on January 7. In chatting with support all they told me was I was charged because the call was made from my land line. Although the charge is negligible I still would like to know how this could happen.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Anybody else with keys to your home? Earlier this year, I...

Grand Master

Anybody else with keys to your home?

Earlier this year, I too had a strange "glitch" on my bill -- two Video-On-Demand titles were rented around 3 AM -- when I was asleep. Shaw cancelled the charges, on what they said was a "one-time" action, but did not cancel the PST/GST taxes. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Have you (or Shaw) ever changed the Shaw Phone adapter? It is marginally possible that the "swapped-out" adapter was reconnected somehow (by a Shaw employee, or by the next customer to rent it) and those calls were made.

Or, if somebody hacked into your My Shaw account, they could have created "call-forwarding" to one of those numbers. Then, calling your number would connect to that number, and your account would be billed for the long-distance call. After the call, they could remove the forwarding.

Have you done a Google-search for each telephone-number? Or, accessed www.Canada411.ca and done a search for that number, to try to see who received the call(s) ?

Although a few Shaw employees voluntarily contribute to this forum, I recommend that you telephone Shaw, to get assistance.

Highlighted

I have done a search for each number but not much informa...

Grasshopper

I have done a search for each number but not much information provided. Simply shows that number is in the Fort McMurray area. No one else used the phone at all. I did phone Shaw and all they said were the numbers were dialed from our phone. I will just check bill more carefully. Thanks for suggestions.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest you call S...

Grasshopper

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest you call Shaw directly to discuss. A community support forum is not the place to get this kind of support. You have a problem that needs immediate attention. Not a bunch of people throwing ideas around.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
Need more help?