home phone problem with particular phone number connection

Phatchau
Grasshopper

Hi Technical support,

When I use my phone to call a particular number, the other person can hear my voice but I can not hear his/her voice. 

When that number calls our phone line, we pick up but we can not hear the other side talking but the other side can hear us. 

This problem just happen recently.

There is no problem if I use my cell phone to call that number.

Please help to resolve this problem.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
5 Replies

Does the problem just happen with the one phone number, d...

rstra
Grand Master

@Phatchau  Does the problem just happen with the one phone number, does the person you are calling have the problem with other numbers? Are you both Rogers landline customers? 

You will need to contact Rogers directly to troubleshoot, and, keep in mind that it could be the other party’s carrier that is having the problem.

0 Kudos

-- Does the problem just happen with your POTS (Plain Old...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Phatchau -- Does the problem just happen with your POTS (Plain Old Telephone System) handset? 

If you try a different handset to call that number, does this resolve the issue?

Can you power-off the Shaw Phone box -- remove the power-cord & remote the battery (if there is one) wait a few seconds, and then undo those changes,  and try again.

Just a toy, but you get the idea of a POTS device.Just a toy, but you get the idea of a POTS device.

0 Kudos

wrote: When I use my phone to call a particular number, t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Phatchau wrote:

When I use my phone to call a particular number, the other person can hear my voice, but I cannot hear his/her voice. 

When that number calls our phone line ................ the other side can hear us, ..............  but I cannot hear the other side.

The fact that everything works when you substitute your cell-phone seems to NOT point to the other person's provider & equipment.

Who is your phone provider? Shaw? Rogers? other?

Who is the provider for the other person? Sasktel? Rogers? Bell? MTS? Telus? Shaw? some VOIP adapter?

0 Kudos

Were you able to resolve this?  I am having the exact sam...

lorimeyer
Grasshopper

Were you able to resolve this?  I am having the exact same problem

0 Kudos

-- have you tried a different land-line phone? Do you ha...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@lorimeyer -- have you tried a different land-line phone? 

Do you have another telephone-socket in a different wall that you can try?

Does the base-unit for your telephone connect to a wall-socket, or to a Shaw Home Phone box? If the latter, try disconnecting the electrical power from the Shaw box, and from your base-unit, then reconnect both. Result?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help