Jump to solution

One number I call rings busy, but when I use my cell, no busy signal.

gordn
Grasshopper

Happening to only one phone number (so far) , been almost a week of trying.

What the what?!?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

wrote: After replacing EVERYTHING, the phone system start...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@gordn wrote: After replacing EVERYTHING, the phone system started working for incoming Shaw/Roger calls.

Does that "everything" include a replacement of the Shaw/Rogers telephone adapter box? Doing so would require that Shaw/Rogers go through their "provisioning" process for the new box, with its different internal ID, in order to route incoming calls to it, rather than to the ID of the previous box. 

Maybe, those changes fixed your issue.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Jump to solution

-- from your land-line, what area-code are you dialing-fr...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@gordn -- from your land-line, what area-code are you dialing-from ? 250? 604? 778? 236?  Ditto for your mobile phone?  

Do you have a Telus land-line, or Shaw/Rogers Home Phone service? 

Who is your provider for your mobile-phone? Telus? Rogers? Shaw? other?

What 3-digit area-code & 3-digit exchange are you trying to call? 

All the telephone providers share a database, listing every number that is in service, and to which provider your "outgoing" call is to be routed.  For example, 604-234-0001 could be routed through Telus, while 604-234-0002 could be routed through Rogers.  Any "errors" in the database could be causing your symptoms. 

Any Shaw/Rogers Agent should be able to either help you, or to "escalate" your issue to their "second-level" Agents, who could check that database.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

We are Shaw Roger business (for 10 years) based in Calgar...

gordn
Grasshopper

We are Shaw Roger business (for 10 years) based in Calgary (403)

Calling a 403 Calgary Shaw home number, no other person has the same issue calling the same number.

Called Roger's business support, on hold for 45 minutes, gave up

WIll try again.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I shall answer my own question. Because I complained that...

gordn
Grasshopper

I shall answer my own question.

Because I complained that the landlaine was $48 for YEARS when it should have been $23, new equipment and small discount coming.  The contractor said he had no control over phones, ok, I get that.

After replacing EVERYTHING, the phone system started working for incoming Shaw/Roger dodger calls.

Doesn't it feel like teleco's barely have everything in control and running by the seat of their pants? Same goes for other big names, banks etc. One hand has no clue what the other's hand is rubbing. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

wrote: After replacing EVERYTHING, the phone system start...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@gordn wrote: After replacing EVERYTHING, the phone system started working for incoming Shaw/Roger calls.

Does that "everything" include a replacement of the Shaw/Rogers telephone adapter box? Doing so would require that Shaw/Rogers go through their "provisioning" process for the new box, with its different internal ID, in order to route incoming calls to it, rather than to the ID of the previous box. 

Maybe, those changes fixed your issue.

Jump to solution

Yeah, everything out. One of the original gateway systems...

gordn
Grasshopper

Yeah, everything out. One of the original gateway systems. 

What a fiasco the whole thing was. I won’t get into it here but looking over the bill and transactions I gleamed that the account was pretty much wiped out and rebuilt. 
“we’re having billing issues” …”there’s a problem with the payment”…”we’re in the middle of changing platforms “. Yikes!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

wrote: I gleaned that the account was pretty much wiped o...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@gordn wrote: I gleaned that the account was pretty much wiped out and rebuilt. 

The second-last time that I renewed my two-year Value Plan, all my personal details had to be re-entered -- migrated from their "legacy" back-end systems into their "then-current" back-end systems.

This was long before the Rogers take-over of Shaw.  

It seems like a massive effort to move all the "pre-Rogers" accounts into a "post-Rogers" back-end system, if that is what they are doing.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Any customer switching to BlueCurve, now Ignite, had to b...

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk  Any customer switching to BlueCurve, now Ignite, had to be migrated to the new billing system. This was the case, even before the Rogers takeover. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hey, I get all that but it was a six hour process and it...

gordn
Grasshopper

Hey, I get all that but it was a six hour process and it took at least two people (customers, tag teaming) and three separate phone calls. Justify all you want, but it was just a fiasco. Sorry but I can’t sugarcoat it, and I’m a patient guy so for me to be on here ranting, you know it had to be bad. Been with Shaw probably 25 years or more?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help