I found a list as described as per "Grandmaster" mdk (202...

HomePhone3
Grasshopper

I found a list as described as per "Grandmaster" mdk (2020-07-03) under 'Transactions'. I wanted to see this because Shaw isn't transparent in showing how my bill is calculated.   I have a Home Phone Long Distance plan that gives me 250 minutes for $5:  After exceeding 250 minutes under the $5 Long Distance plan, subsequent calls are listed on the bill by minute, charged at  .05 a minute and display the total for each call.  The issue is that Shaw does not provide the customer a record of the minutes of each call used to calculate the 250 minute maximum in the LD plan.  Therefore, I have no way of knowing if I have used all my 250 minutes and if Shaw is charging me correctly or not.  This lack of accountability and transparency comes across as unethical, and feels a bit shifty.   Thus, I understand the initial question from that perspective.  Thanks to  mdk's direction on how to find "Transactions", I did find a list of what I can only assume may include the "non-charged" calls, but there is still no way of knowing.  This is because the list does not include the minutes, nor where the call is placed too: it only says the date, that it is a "digital phone call" and then a calculation of the total price of that call, ie. .25 cents.  There is no clarity about the call or how long the call was that enables the customer to determine if they have actually used their 250 minutes or not.  It would take a great deal of effort and analysis to figure it all out, and that is, if all the calls, including those in the 250 minute window, are listed.  There is no straightforward way to know. This is not acceptable, and doesn't come across as an ethical business practice.

0 Kudos

-- one complication is that any long-distance call from y...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@HomePhone3 -- one complication is that any long-distance call from your Shaw Home Phone service to somebody who also is using the Shaw Home Phone service costs $0.00 -- because the call is routed entirely within Shaw's network, not "crossing-over" to Bell/Telus/Rogers network. So, Shaw does not pay anything for "transport" of your L-D calls.

Math: 250 minutes of "non-zero-billed" long-distance costs a minimum of $12.50 ($0.05 times 250). So, how much are you prepaying for your 250 minutes? 

Do you make "overseas" calls, where you are charged more than $0.05/minute? If so, it seems beneficial to keep prepaying.

0 Kudos

I migrated my Shaw Mobile device to Rogers Mobility, a fe...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

I migrated my Shaw Mobile device to Rogers Mobility, a few months ago.

When I logon to the "myrogers" web-site, I can see a detailed list of all the calls that I dialed.  Cool!

0 Kudos

Hi MDK done what you had shared and there it doesn’t show...

DebbyK
Grasshopper

Hi MDK done what you had shared and there it doesn’t show the listing of out going to income calls ! Like we can on the cellular phones bills ! Hope Rogers catch this that they can make it happen that we all can view past call records 

0 Kudos

it would be good for some but not everyone as most senior...

DebbyK
Grasshopper

it would be good for some but not everyone as most seniors still has a home base landline and it would be good that they can view past calling records that it would help ! Like all cellular providers provide your calling logs for your viewing ! It should be convince for landline 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help