2nd device not getting public IP from Bluecurve gateway

steppedflower
Grasshopper

I have my Bluecurve gateway run in bridge mode. Each of its ethernet ports connects to one device. It has been running fine in this way for over a year. Yesterday I replaced one device. The new device can't get IP through DHCP. I tried powering off gateway, waiting a couple minutes then powering it up again, but it didn't help. I also restarted both my devices multiple times, however the situation didn't change at all. One device still gets the same IP, but the new one can't get through. What's interesting though, is that if I enable IPv6 on the new device, it can get an IPv6 address, but still no IPv4 address. I'm pretty sure I'm hitting the Shaw's 2 IP per line limit, because it happened before. Last time, I simply power cycled the gateway then it worked fine. One thing I notice, is that the BlueCurve gateway, although running in bridge mode, still holds a WAN IP. Is it normal? Does this IP count as one IP assigned to my line? I spent an hour chatting with a Shaw agent online. He did a couple things, including resetting my gateway twice, removing IPs from my line then adding them back, etc., however none of these helped. Anyone on the forum had the similar experience and can give some advice? Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
TALK TO US
We're here to help