they also let people on there cell network access it ther...

wintyer
Grasshopper

they also let people on there cell network access it there info where you can disable it but when you go to disabled it they have blocked you from seeing the

menues

0 Kudos

I wonder if it is criminal to get into a contract and for...

wintyer
Grasshopper

I wonder if it is criminal to get into a contract and force people to use broken hardware probably

should consult

certine type of person

0 Kudos

Criminal? No.

rstra
Grand Master

Criminal? No. 

0 Kudos

No not criminal. The issue would be considered breach of...

rickatk
Master

@wintyer wrote:

I wonder if it is criminal to get into a contract and force people to use broken hardware probably

should consult

certine type of person

@wintyer No not criminal. The issue would be considered breach of contract. Exactly what is the problem you are running into?

0 Kudos

-- they also let people on their cell network access it Y...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wintyer -- they also let people on their cell network access it

Yes, the HITRON cable-modem has a completely-separate WiFi network, accessible to customers of Freedom Mobile (which Shaw owns).

> you can disable it

Correct.

when you go to disabled it they have blocked you from seeing the menus

Please elaborate.

You should still be able to access all the menus on the HITRON.  If not, try a "push-button-reset", and then re-disable that other network.

0 Kudos

I did get a new modem and is MUCH quieter than the old one.

maryann23
Grasshopper

I did get a new modem and is MUCH quieter than the old one.

-- what model did you get? Hitron? BlueCurve XB6? BlueCur...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@maryann23 -- what model did you get? Hitron? BlueCurve XB6? BlueCurve XB7 (currently, only available in Calgary).

0 Kudos

Do u have any problems with an older laptop and a printer...

Softy
Grasshopper

Do u have any problems with an older laptop and a printer accessing the WIFI on this modem?  Shaw had me hardwire my computer to the modem because it wouldn’t connect so I only have internet service now, NO WIFI !

0 Kudos

-- Shaw had me hardwire my computer to the modem because...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Softy -- Shaw had me hardwire my computer to the modem because it wouldn’t connect so I only have internet service now, NO WIFI !

Since you have already been in contact with Shaw Support, I recommend that you contact them again, rather than using this peer-to-peer discussion forum.

How long have you been using the cable-modem? One day? Much longer?

Did your computer & printer connect via WiFi to a previous cable-modem?

Does your smart-phone connect to your WiFi network?

If you take your computer and your smart-phone to some "public" WiFi locations, e.g., Starbucks, Tim Hortons, any Shaw Go WiFi access point, can you connect? If so, maybe your cable-modem has a problem.

Is there an on/off switch/slider/button on your computer (or smart-phone), to enable/disable its WiFi adapter?

Same problem. Contacted Shaw and they are sending me back...

heavengoloo
Grasshopper

Same problem. Contacted Shaw and they are sending me back the old modem and lowered bill to reflect the old modem. 
Shaw really needs to fix the fan noise, it’s almost inhuman to bare the fan noise from a newer device in this new age. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help