Mine is brand new and yes it is extremely loud with its c...

Jacqh
Grasshopper

Mine is brand new and yes it is extremely loud with its cinstant humming.  After 1 1/2 weeks, I am starting to regret my upgrade - if my gaming PC with all its fans and cooling is quieter than a modem, something is seriously wrong.

SOLVED: My Shaw Blue Curve Modem was so noisy! I read it...

JulieJulie
Grasshopper

SOLVED: My Shaw Blue Curve Modem was so noisy! I read it was the fan. To get airflow all around it, I elevated the modem by placing a rock / paperweight under it. The fan stopped making noise. It needs to be cooler above and below. It is balanced on the rock so most of the bottom now has air flowing under it. It needs a little pedestal. Could use a small mug or glass or any small object.

I have moved mine from behind my monitor to up on a shelf...

robbob
Grasshopper

I have moved mine from behind my monitor to up on a shelf with very good ventilation.  Unfortunately, my XB6-R is still the loudest thing in the room and still belts out the heat.  I will be contacting Shaw to see about replacing it with something more quiet.

0 Kudos

unfortunately, xb7 is the most quiet modem i have read so...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

unfortunately, xb7 is the most quiet modem i have read so in order to get that quiet modem, you must pay 25 upgrade fee and get a higher plan 1.5 gig olan.  sorry to bear kinda bad news.  hope it helps.  

TALK TO US
We're here to help