adding hard drive to system

Not applicable

Hi Everyone

Have hitron modem. I understand the USB ports are disconnected so you can't connect an external hard drive to the system.

I want to be able to have a central hard drive that folks can access on various computers. On that drive I would put my music that can be accessed through iTunes on each device. Also photos which could be accessed through photos. other than that storage of various files.

I have considered time capsule but I would have to plug that into the back of the router and of course none of the usb plugs work..Very frustrating Shaw..I understand this is not a problem with telus

any help from the forum would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Al

4 Replies

Re: adding hard drive to system

Not applicable

What you are looking for is called NAS, short for Network Attached Storage.

It will use a network connection rather than a USB connection.

There's ample choice out there, but a good NAS is not cheap.

Pending on what your needs are you might be better served building your own NAS.

0 Kudos

But the Hitron has 2 USB ports already on the device. Why...

YadaYada
Grasshopper

But the Hitron has 2 USB ports already on the device. Why not make accessible to those that have some knowhow on using them?

the Hitron vendor has not enabled access to the USBs thro...

shaw-tony

@YadaYada the Hitron vendor has not enabled access to the USBs through any firmware/UI. However, they do have power enabled to power/charge devices. Thank you for your feedback.

InternetJUSTIN
Grasshopper

Log into your Horton 2250, click into the administration section. Hopefully it'll work for you, just copy and paste this link.

http://192.168.0.1/index.htm#admin_usb/m/4/s/6

You'll notice that the admin_usb was the first change, and then changing the last number to six was the last change to do. 

It doesn't exactly follow the normal numerical order of going up by one number, but number six this can give this ball with the USBs are. 

https://pixeldrain.com/u/iGZVq2j5

Good luck!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help