Androids Cannot Connect to Shaw Open?

LadyTL
Grasshopper

Like the title says, I am unable to connect to Shaw Open through the "Manual Connection" instructions for older / non-iPhone devices.

I am on an Android Pixel 3a and have DEactivated "Random MAC Address" in my wifi settings.

I have attempted to register my device on the Shaw website and through the MyShaw app - the latter throws a "we could not retrieve your Registered Devices" error, and the former doesn't show my Registered Devices list at all.

I have also tried to sign in withShaw Open directly, which leads to one of two errors: "we could not process your request", or "we could not retrieve your account information".

My limited understanding suggests that this might have something to do with Android's... erratic adoption of HotSpot 2.0. if so, am I just completely hooped on using Shaw Open?

I'm trying to use Shaw Go in the meantime, but it seems to drop connection with alarming frequency, which is frustrating when I have to push the Sign In button again every time it reconnects, hence my wanting to get Shaw Open working.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help