-- having non-stop issues with my BlueCurve  This is a pe...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@zachman1 -- having non-stop issues with my BlueCurve 

This is a peer-to-peer discussion board, not an official path to Shaw Support.

Given your symptoms, I recommend that you contact Shaw Support (currently, online chat has priority over telephone) and get them to trouble-shoot.  It could be poor signal-strength incoming to your BlueCurve.

I am also having slow internet and internet dropping issu...

pdesh
Grasshopper

I am also having slow internet and internet dropping issues since last 2 weeks. We have been tried all the options (restart modems as suggested in troubleshooting guide, forget network) but none of that is helping. I am using 300 mbps plan and no use at all hardly I get max to 100 if it's working.

It is just annoying to be stay with Shaw, even thought as suggested by Shaw I am using Shaw pods in home to maximize the internet wifi. It's really bad internet service and no proper support channel for real customers. 

--  I am using 300 mbps plan and no use at all hardly I g...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@pdesh --  I am using 300 mbps plan and no use at all hardly I get max to 100 if it's working.

If you have an Ethernet cable between your computer and the cable-modem, and the cable is labelled "CAT-5", your download speed will be limited to 100 Mbps.  Use a "CAT-5e" (certified up to 1000 Mbps) cable, or a "CAT-6" (even faster) cable.

If you connect to the Shaw Speed Test via WiFi, the speed of the WiFi network adapter inside your computer could be the bottle-neck. A "Wireless N" adapter works up to 150 Mbps. Theoretically, a "Wireless AC" adapter can exceed 1000 Mbps.

We had the same issues for a while now. At first there we...

Mcw2013
Grasshopper

We had the same issues for a while now. At first there were a few bumps but it was resolved and Blue Curve worked fine for a few months but as of late it’s been very frustrating. Signal goes out for a few seconds at a time  but it’s long enough to have to reset and the audio goes in and out all day. I’ve been on chat, called directly, had a new router sent out with an automatic charge of $188 to my account until the old one is returned. I’ve been told that the tv boxes are the issue and it’s across the entire system. This answer took me three attempts at connecting with them to get it. I was supplied with a link to the Shaw web page to see it’s been noted. There is no ETA for a repair but we still have to pay even with reduced services.

-- I’ve been told that the tv boxes are the issue and it’...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Mcw2013 -- I’ve been told that the tv boxes are the issue and it’s across the entire system

This is a peer-to-peer discussion board, not an official path to Shaw Support.

Before you contact them, try a few things:

• disconnect the electrical power from the BlueCurve, wait a few seconds, and reconnect the power. This will reset the BlueCurve.
  • try a different coaxial-cable between the BlueCurve and your wall-port.
  • if there is another room in your home that has a coaxial wall-outlet, connect your BlueCurve to that one. The WiFi-connected TV pods should still be able to connect.
  • power-off all the TV pods, and do that power-off/power-on of the BlueCurve, and see if having just one active TV (connected directly to the BlueCurve) still shows the symptoms.

When you contact Shaw, get the Agent to remotely logon to your BlueCurve, to check the incoming signal-strength to the BlueCurve. A "weak" signal can cause your symptoms. The Agent should schedule a site-visit from a technician, and give you an ETA.

Hello "Grand Master" thanks for your response. I'm not su...

Mcw2013
Grasshopper

Hello "Grand Master"

thanks for your response. I'm not sure if you are employed by Shaw being as I see a few responses from you stating pretty much the same thing each time. You should have been able to see that I've been in contact with Shaw Support twice by chat and by a direct call. There wasn't a need for you to tell me that should be my route to take. Additionally I had tried all the power off / reboot steps a number of times. The first agent via chat just said they were having issues and offered nothing more, second agent gave me the Shaw link that states they are having issues with the blue curve boxes and are working on a solution.

The signal outs and audio breaks continue...

--  I see a few responses from you, stating pretty much t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Mcw2013 --  I see a few responses from you, stating pretty much the same thing each time

Yes, for most people who post here, "bad signal strength" is the most-likely culprit for their issue, and contacting Shaw Support is the recommended action.

Of course, since Shaw has posted to their "outages" page that there is a system-wide problem with the BlueCurve, you should believe their posting, and then assume that it will be a temporary problem (like snow on the Coquihalla Highway).

I have never been worked for Shaw Cablesystems GP. Further, I have never been employed by Shaw Cablesystems GP.

My wife noticed some picture freezing and lost audio this...

rickatk
Master

My wife noticed some picture freezing and lost audio this past week on our otherwise stable setup. Yesterday was particularly bad on CNN. I finally rebooted the Gateway, everything calmed down. Every once in a while this gear needs to clear its head...that seems to be the sum of my issues. 

These days I have no cable connected gear. I am all in with BlueCurve, pods, wireless TV players, lights, plugs and speakers. Thus far things have been pretty stable. Keep persevering folks!

Just a note legally, if one party does not fulfil their p...

mario3
Grasshopper

Just a note legally, if one party does not fulfil their part of the contract (and are asked constantly to do so), there is no obligation on the compromised party 

to fulfill their part (payment and continuation of the contract).  Shaw does not have a legal leg to stand on in my opinion.  I am not a lawyer.  We also

entered into a two year contract with Shaw (Blue Curve) and ever since we did there is continual black screen, error messages.  All the new fancy

Blue curve equipment does not work.  The modem is hot all the time (perhaps the reason for the problems).  This all began with the new equipment

and Blue Curve setup.  We have been with Shaw for many years and never had these problems.  There are serious technical problems which they

admit they are experiencing right across Canada?  Really, for months?  And why isn't it fixed?  I asked for a credit when the problem was only a month

old; they said wait until it is fixed to come to an agreement about a credit?  But, there is one problem, when will that be?  I am not very interested in

talking to them anymore.  I don't know if you are aware, they now have automatic re-booting of the system when you call as they have so many calls

they cannot keep up with them all.  Hours and hours to finally talk to anyone.  

-- I have the HITRON cable-modem, 300 Mbps download, 15 M...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mario3 -- I have the HITRON cable-modem, 300 Mbps download, 15 Mbps upload, the Shaw Gateway PVR, and do not have any issues.

I have Shaw Mobile, paying $0/month (no "data") for "unlimited talk and text in Canada".

The HITRON cannot do 100 Mbps upload, but I don't "need" that service.

I don't find any web-servers that can "push" data to me at any faster speed (600? 750? 1000? 1500 was announced this week).

The Gateway does not receive some TV channels that are available on a BlueCurve TV box, but I have the channels that I want.

Until Shaw & the RCMP come with a Search Warrant, I am not going to switch to the BlueCurve hardware.  🙂

Yes, Shaw may call be a "Luddite" for not using their latest hardware.  🙂

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help