I have almost the same setup as you  , you can call me a...

g-idk
Master

I have almost the same setup as you @mdk , you can call me a "Luddite" as well, my system as been good for years and years.  I humbly disagree with @mario3 on the legal point though, the reason is if you read all the small print on the terms of service contract you will find that in no place does Shaw ever "Guarantee" there product or service, and there is also a clause that stipulates that Shaw is under no obligation to offer a refund for lack of or poor service.  And since a person agreed to said contract Shaw covers there butt.  This is not to say though that indeed Shaw may offer you a credit (especially) if they want to keep there customer, but legally they are under no obligation.  Oh by the way you might have more luck with the contacting them with the chat service or social media ie. twitter.  I truly hope everything does come to a satisfactory conclusion though for you.  Stay Safe. 

0 Kudos

I have been on the BlueCurve for just about 4 years and i...

rstra
Grand Master

@mario3 I have been on the BlueCurve for just about 4 years and it has great the entire time, except for some range issues, but the house is quite large, so that was to be expected. I also talk to friends and family that have the system and no complaints there either. I do not doubt that some people are having problems with BlueCurve, but I believe many of those problems are because Shaw is pushing the self-install. Have you had a service call to look at the problems you are experiencing?

0 Kudos

Yes we've had the exact same problem. We had zero issues...

LeeAdam
Grasshopper

Yes we've had the exact same problem. We had zero issues before we got Bluecurve, but ever since it has been a total nightmare.

0 Kudos

We have HD issues with Blue curve forever. I started call...

Gunsandhoses
Grasshopper

We have HD issues with Blue curve forever. I started calling and communicating on the chat feature to fix our internet. Each time I’m told (after repeated efforts to sell me new equipment or swap gear out that we just changed) I get told a tech will come out. This was back in June. Well it’s November and still the problems and no tech visit. Each call is an hour of repeatedly telling them all the same stuff, and instead of them reviewing the chat history, ends up with a vague ‘humph’ we will get a tech to call. I’ve been a Shaw customer for years and this has been the rudest and worst customer service I have ever experienced. I mentioned in a chat that we would explore what another provider might give us and the response wa s’ok, good luck!’....unreal. 

-- I get told a tech will come out. This was back in June...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Gunsandhoses -- I get told a tech will come out. This was back in June. Well it’s November and still the problems and no tech visit. 

That is not acceptable.

Have you tried online chat late in the evening, when you will get connected to a Shaw call-centre in Ontario or the Maritimes? They can review your call-history, and will provide a "fresh look" at your issues.

Also, while reading this, scroll-down to see:

capture.jpg

Click on the "Your Voice" hyperlink, to submit your "feedback" about your experiences directly to Shaw.

0 Kudos

Most of my chats were after hours, but I didn’t know it w...

Gunsandhoses
Grasshopper

Most of my chats were after hours, but I didn’t know it went out of province (BC). I wasn’t sure by how they responded if they had access to my chat history. And thank you for the tip on the My Voice tab. I will send them information on my experience. Much appreciated. 

0 Kudos

We are having this exact issue.

Choy
Grasshopper

We are having this exact issue. 

-- we are having this exact issue This is a peer-to-peer...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Choy -- we are having this exact issue

This is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, not a path to Shaw Support.

After you contacted Shaw Support, did they trouble-shoot with you? Did they help you?

What symptoms are remaining?

This is beyond frustrating to read how many people are ha...

Hjaniten
Grasshopper

This is beyond frustrating to read how many people are having the exact same issues with the Blue Curve modem! We’ve had nothing but problems for over a year. Shaw has had techs out, they even replaced the modem THREE times now (With the same modem).

We pay for the 300 plan and barley get 100 mbps on our devices. 

SHAW SUCKS!

The Blue Curve is garbage but they keep charging people a...

Hjaniten
Grasshopper

The Blue Curve is garbage but they keep charging people an exorbitant amount of money claiming it offers faster speeds/downloads- Shaw will give you every excuse in the book but the truth is, *every* Customer is experiencing the same problems. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help