Arris modem wireless freeze

Kulnor
Grasshopper

I have a Arris TG3482G modem that, every now and then, just seem to freeze and require a hard reboot. Basically the wireless network drops (no longer show up), and my only option is to unplug the power and restart, which takes 5-10 minutes. I've seen this happening mostly in evening or during the night. I did contact Shaw support on couple of occasions but have not received much help. It sometimes seem to coincide with maintenance windows or when outages are reported in the area. But this is not always the case. Like it dropped about 6 times in the past 24 hours. This is quite disruptive, particularly during business/working hours. I suspect something might be wrong with the modem itself, but can't seem to convince Shaw that this is the case. Anyone else experiencing similar issues or with any suggestion?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Shaw has probably had you do all the normal troubleshooti...

rstra
Grand Master

Shaw has probably had you do all the normal troubleshooting so it is time for a service call, contact them again and ask them to send a technician. 

0 Kudos

--  ask them to send a technician.  And confirm that the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Kulnor --  ask them to send a technician. 

And confirm that the technician will bring a replacement ARRIS Gateway, to swap with your current one.

Note that a Shaw Agent (on chat or telephone) can remotely logon to your ARRIS, to view the "signal-strength" (and other values) reaching your modem. Bad values will cause problems. Do this before the technician arrives, in a few days.

TALK TO US
We're here to help