Bandwidth Question

mahram
Grasshopper

Hi, i just had a question about the bandwidth.

We're currently on a 2 year value plan and we recently made a call with shaw customer service for our package.

Since January our Internet 150 package now says Internet 300 but it still says we have a 1024gb monthly limit. 

We made a reference to that with the customer service representative and she assured us we are now on unlimited and we won't be charged for going over despite it still reading 1TB monthly limit.

I wanted to be sure if this information is correct and we can ignore the the data count?

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Bandwidth Question

shaw-tony

Hey mahram,

Thank you for reaching out! If you signed up for Internet 150 (now Internet 300) prior to it changing over to unlimited, your account will still show the 1 TB limit. The agent is correct that we never charge for bandwidth overages. In order to make the change over for the account to show unlimited bandwidth, you will need to upgrade to the unlimited Internet 300. Let me know if you have more questions.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

mahram
Grasshopper

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your reply. I understand that we were under the 1TB agreement prior to the change but when i asked the agent about our bandwidth limit, she told us twice that we are actually on an unlimited monthly data usage now even though it shows us having only 1TB monthly usage on our account and that we would have the same benefits as all users on Internet 300.

We were discussing on renewing our package and ultimately decided on continuing our Internet 150 (now 300) value plan for one more year once this contract expires. I wasn't sure if she meant we would have unlimited data once the original contract expires but we just wanted to know if what she said was a mistake or if the unlimited usage had actually been applied to us.

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

mahram, unfortunately, without your account details I am not able to confirm (also due to security reasons on the forums). I'd recommend touching base with customer support to confirm those details specific to your account.

mahram
Grasshopper

thank you tony, we will contact customer service again to confirm our question

TALK TO US
We're here to help