-- is the pod [signal] strongest 180 degrees out in front...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@tc10 -- is the pod [signal] strongest 180 degrees out in front of the plugged in pod?

I don't know. How many different ways can you stand a TimHortons donut on an edge -- probably one, but then you can spin the donut from 1 to 359 degrees in the vertical plane, and, if you're lucky, "tilt" it from 1 to 359 degrees.

Similarly, the "donut" of WiFi strength from the Pod will vary, depending on it orientation, relative to your security-camera(s). 

Of course, if you have multiple cameras, you will have to "compromise" on the orientation of the Pod, to give "adequate" signal-strength to all your cameras. 

0 Kudos

Pod placement ... https://support.plume.com/hc/en-us/art...

tc10
Grasshopper
0 Kudos

I didn’t think I the antennas were directional. The diagr...

rstra
Grand Master

@tc10   I didn’t think I the antennas were directional. The diagrams make sense and explain exactly what I was doing wrong when I had the pods. 

Here is screenshot of some of additional helpful info on...

tc10
Grasshopper

Here is screenshot of some of additional helpful info on connecting devices to pods and how to potentially get a device to what I consider preferrd pod ... that may not be ... due to hops, loading, etc.  Interesting insights.

Connecting Device to Pods.png

0 Kudos

I have read this documents which seem to reinforce the no...

rickatk
Master

I have read this documents which seem to reinforce the notion… AI knows best. 

On further examination I found that my iPad Pro would slow down even on the fast XB8 router. I ended up taking down the pod rebooting the network and adding the pods again. No my iPad performs much better with consistent speed tests. 

I look forward to the WiFi 6E Pods.

TALK TO US
We're here to help