I am having similar and extremely frustrating experience....

Really
Grasshopper

I am having similar and extremely frustrating experience. We are using the Technicolor unit but drop outs, intermittent service, multiple field visits, replacement hardware and absolutely horrible service on the chat line.  Are others having trouble with the intermittent service?  Having been trying to reach a supervisor or a human being on a phone but that is just as painful as the rest of the experience.

0 Kudos

I am very sorry to hear of that experience. I took a quic...

shaw-tony

@Really I am very sorry to hear of that experience. I took a quick look into your account and do see a number of uncorrectable errors (noise in the area) showing up and the upstream signal is out of spec. I'd like to schedule a senior technician to address those issues with you. Please send me a direct message on the forum so we can make that happen.

0 Kudos

I have been a Shaw customer since 1982.   The previous Ga...

MajorLag1
Grasshopper

I have been a Shaw customer since 1982.   The previous Gateway equipment worked great after the initial bugs.  Very pleased with it.  Upgraded to Shaw wired blue curve and it was working fine on all p/c's, phones, tv's etc.    As I have 4K tv's I switched to wireless IPTV now that it is available in my area.  We have only ever had a modem from Shaw and have had no issues before.  Now the lag is so bad, our master bedroom tv can not even bring up the guide and if it decides to work, it is intermittent, low SD quality and then sound drops and then it just freezes.    We have three pods but they just don't seem to work that well.  Also it seems a Technicolor Blue Curve XB modem is required.  It may be a pod issue as well.   

Can you please send a senior technician out to my home so that the matter is dealt with only one service visit.

Thanks 

> Can you please send a senior technician out to my home...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> Can you please send a senior technician out to my home so that the matter is dealt with only one service visit.

Although some Shaw employees have a presence on this forum, I recommend that you make a telephone-call (or do an online "chat") to book a technician, and  to have a dialogue to book a mutually-convenient time for you & the technician.

wrote: Although some Shaw employees have a presence on t...

rickatk
Master

@mdk wrote:

Although some Shaw employees have a presence on this forum, I recommend that you make a telephone-call (or do an online "chat") to book a technician, and  to have a dialogue to book a mutually-convenient time for you & the technician.

I had a crew come by last spring. They checked everything from my outside terminations, wall terminations and modem terminations. They set me up with a Technicolor router (the Arris was working pretty well ) and walked around the house testing signal strength. They even tried some pods for a few weeks but I determined they weren’t required at the time.  All was good.

In time I switched over to Xi6 wireless boxes, added 3 pods and everything has worked quite well.

All of this tech stuff, especially Wi-Fi takes a little bit of work and patience. Shaw support was very helpful. I found calling in to work the best.

I too have had issues and replacing modems isn't usually...

Jennthompson5
Grasshopper

I too have had issues and replacing modems isn't usually the fix. I had a Shaw tech come out and explain the wires into my house are issue and that the new boxes are really sensitive so that needs replacing. Apparently he told me that this is so common and they try and pretend it is a faulty box when it has nothing to do with it. I hope that helps you as I am still awaiting for them to come replace wire outside which is supposed to be done in 48 hours 

0 Kudos

I had a Shaw tech come out and explain the wires into my...

rickatk
Master

@Jennthompson5  I had a Shaw tech come out and explain the wires into my house are issue and that the new boxes are really sensitive so that needs replacing...

I live in a new house that is a rancher(single level). Before that multilevel. I have had Shaw services for over thirty years and internet for over twenty years. Lots of cable services and wifi to contend with. One thing I have learned over the years is network integrity via a vis the cabling and hardware has to be in good shape. There is no room for weak connections of dirty signals. I have watched the Shaw techs test and test to make sure the cables and hardware produce a pristine signal. I continually have good results with my services because I take good care of my equipment and work with the Shaw techs to make sure everything is running well. Patience goes a long way too.

Indeed this stuff is sensitive!

0 Kudos

We're having the same issues with the internet all over t...

timclow-77
Grasshopper

We're having the same issues with the internet all over the map. Doesn't really download at the reflected speed. I've had 9 MBPS and I've had 560 MBPS all in the same hour. It's the TV that bugs me. The tv boxes freeze up continuously, and we will have NO TV for hours at a time today it was from 9am to 5pm that we knew of.

It's pretty crappy service if you ask me. They are at least trying and the remote people can see "stuttering". But the tvs go on and off, we've changed out the Modem box but it is very hot as well. Faulty electronics if you ask me. It should never  bee that hot. How about a"new Brand" Shaw? I've had modems for years, (since 95) and never had them go this hot. Not normal no matter what they say. Heck we spend a fortune on fans and cooling systems to keep our over powered desktops cool so what's with this?

My wife is an amazing sports buff. We have all the channels and all the Sports! She goes ballistic when it shuts down in the middle of a game which is proving to be normal this last week (week one of Blue curve) It was installed last Saturday. 5 Days ago. it's really really sad. It would be a great system if it stayed up and actually ran.

0 Kudos

sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you've been experienc...

shaw-tony

@timclow-77 sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you've been experiencing. I checked your account and don't see any issues with the signal to your equipment. I understand you received a service visit, did that resolve your troubles? 

0 Kudos

Apologize in advance for the long winded email but it sho...

timclow-77
Grasshopper

Apologize in advance for the long winded email but it should give you a pretty good idea of what we're going through. It seems strange because we fought all week with weak signals. Intermittent enough to be frustrating, but not intermittent enough to be usable.

The screen would lock up then go black. If we rebooted it would come back for a few minutes then go black again. I don't know if you've ever lived in the house with a crazy sports fan but my wife is very much a sports fan. if you ever want to hear a lot of shouting and cussing obsessiveness just shut off her TV in the middle of an Oilers game or curling match. Or baseball game! So trust me when I say I'm just interested in having the TV running.

lol

Rob the tech, tested and tried everything, switching out the boxes, modem etc. He's been very  good and patiently trying to figure it out. Rob has gone far beyond what a normal tech should have to go through, he's been absolutely awesome ! He contacted the upper guys are atdco?

The gal I was working with online could see it happening steady. Up, off, down... all over the map. They refreshed the modem, rebooted, flashed it, they could see the signals going to the tv boxes should have worked. She was still getting mediocre signals on the boxes. Firstly I think the signal was just so intermittent that it was just kicking the boxes out. I would get nine mbps and 15 mbps and then four hours later get 560 mbps on fast.com ( I've seen it hit 1.2 gbps while it's testing) but 360 - 500 'is more normal. We still get the occasional 50-60 mbps, but I think that's when everything is going. When I checked the signals through the modem/router I would consider that weak, but it should have worked.

Now the signals appear to be consistently holding. My phone is at -68 and my desktop is at -61. two main TV boxes are sitting at -38 and -31 which is more than enough signal the one upstairs in the bedroom which has the worst signal is -68 and yet it works fine. it's easy to get 390-500 mbps on the desktop and over 300 on my phone. Just got 329 on the phone just got 468 On the computer np. it was strange because we had this exact same lines hooked up for the last four or five years with Telus and had no problems with our TV that they couldn't fix.

we did have intermittent problems with the Internet and maybe that got exposed during all this. Our neighborhood has had line issues in the past but this last year or so had been better. But last Thursday we couldn't keep the TV up and running for love nor money so Friday morning I took everything apart and tested the lines because I used to be a Shaw/Monarch installer, and I am a computer tech as well, I am familiar with the old school internet protocols and signals. This system is way simpler than what we used to mess with. Mostly automatic. So I moved the modem and hooked it up directly to the Trunk-line coming into the house and ever since then we've had TV even though it is in the furnace room. All the TV s worked!

Our house has three floors, so with Telus our internet had a booster in the upstairs office. Rob came on Sunday and moved the modem for us into the main level of the house, and it appears we have had only a minor hiccup every once in a while. We figured what ever the software issues were, were fixed as well.

Yet this is strange. Just got a " cannot connect to the internet" could not reach our servers to perform the test" on the ookla app. Just gives you an idea what we been going through. It says no internet on the WiFi pop up. Guess I go back at it again I can't get the internet to work again. first time since Rob moved the modem. Ttyl I'll have to see what's up. Cheers

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help