Blue curve modem bad wifi range

MattKB
Grasshopper

Hello,

I recently moved to shaw and got the blue curve modem, I have been having issues ever since.

My apartment is not very large (800sqft) but this is by far the worst wifi range I've dealt with here. Going through one wall will cause the wifi to be very flakey, which my previous setup (even previous from shaw) did not deal with.  Even if my wifi is flakey it shows I have full bars.

On all my setups I have been using 5 GHz. 

Is there a way to change the wifi signal strength because this is unacceptable in this size of space. 

Labels (1)
1 Reply

-- WiFi issues Have you contacted Shaw (1-888-472-2222 or...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MattKB -- WiFi issues

Have you contacted Shaw (1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat ) to have a Shaw Agent remotely logon to your BlueCurve, for the Agent to view the "signal-strength" (and other values) that the BlueCurve is monitoring? Bad signal-strength implies bad Internet on your local network.

What numbers do you get when running the Shaw Speed Test  as compared to the speeds listed in your contract with Shaw?

Can you use an Ethernet "CAT-5e" cable to connect your computer (or a borrowed notebook computer) directly to the BlueCurve, and repeat the Speed Test? What numbers do you get?

Note that "full bars" imply a strong connection between your device and the BlueCurve, but says nothing about the speed into/out-of the BlueCurve.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help