BlueCurve functionalities are being removed

krispucci
Grasshopper

So I recently noticed that Shaw has made some very negative changes with regards to user experience although they claim they made the changes for the opposite reason.

First, they have removed the ability to administer BlueCurve via the web... you must use the app. Clearly the web was a viable option that they no longer feel the need to offer.

Secondly within the app they have removed device details such as IP addresses. This is ridiculous. Now I need to use a IP scanner on my network rather than using the app which work just fine.

I was told during my support chat that I must accept these changes as there is no intent to reverse them.

My hope is that if enough people contact them they will revert back to how it worked previously.

Yes I understand that I can always use my own router but I think that is not the answer.

These features existed previously with no issue so I am not clear as to why they are being removed.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

The web interface at 10.0.0.1 is still available, but the...

rstra
Grand Master

@krispucci 

The web interface at 10.0.0.1 is still available, but they did move port forwarding to the app. You can find your connected devices IP address there. 

0 Kudos

Port forwarding was always in the app (as well as the Blu...

krispucci
Grasshopper

Port forwarding was always in the app (as well as the BlueCurve web interface) but that is not in question.

For some people, the router interface at 10.0.0.1 can be a bit overwhelming which is why even Shaw support does not recommend using it.

I just don't understand why they are removing features/functionality? It worked completely fine before they started making changes.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help