Yes. Nothing worked. I dont think this issue is resolved!...

JY
Grasshopper

Yes. Nothing worked. I dont think this issue is resolved! Just frustrating...

let me touch base with our engineering team to see what t...

shaw-tony

@JY let me touch base with our engineering team to see what the status of this issue is. I appreciate your patience.

0 Kudos

No notification

cdrbrnr
Grasshopper

I just thought to check in on this topic. As I mentioned in my report I did a hard reset of the device each of for each of the  attempts with no change in the end result. I will go through the motions this morning.

0 Kudos

Success

cdrbrnr
Grasshopper

After the hard reset this morning the Chromecast seamlessly signed on to the network then downloaded and installed an update. It then set up normally.I had no intent of replacing a device that worked other routers, waiting payed off.

I see there is an option that I had to check to receive an email for someones reply to the post.

IMG_1343.JPGIMG_1345.JPGIMG_1346.JPG

I haven't been able to connect to Chromecast, the only streami...

Cathy22
Grasshopper

I haven't able to connect my BlueCurve Chromecast app to my Chromecast, the only streaming app to ever not able to do this. It's mid 2020 when are you going to catch up ?

-- I haven't able to connect my BlueCurve Chromecast app...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Cathy22 -- I haven't able to connect my BlueCurve Chromecast app to my Chromecast

What error-messages, or symptoms, do you get when you try to connect?

0 Kudos

Chromecast stopped working after getting blue curve gateway

Kenlinda2728
Grasshopper

So it seems like I’m not the only here that is having the same issue.  Ever since we upgraded to the blue curve all my chrome cast devices stopped working.  I have reset the Chrome cast many times and it will connect once then shortly after it would disconnect and then cannot find the chromecast at all.  So every time I have to restart the gateway modem then all my chromecast devices will show up.  Then 20 mins later it will disappear.  Shaw tells me it’s a google problem.  But Google says it’s not their problem.  I shouldn’t have to restart my modem every single time to use my chrome cast.  

0 Kudos

Hello,    I am trying to connect my gen2 chrome cast to t...

T12
Grasshopper

Hello, 

I am trying to connect my gen2 chrome cast to the new router with 1gbps speed and am having the same issue - likely the AP isolation. No option to turn it off. 

I contacted google and were able to isolate the router as the issue after setting chrome cast up without issue using mobile hotspot. 

Can you please advise how to turn AP isolation off or anything else to make this router work with chrome cast? 

-- If you have the BlueCurve cable-modem, it has "band st...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@T12 -- If you have the BlueCurve cable-modem, it has "band steering", namely just one SSID ("wireless network name") and each attempted connection is "steered" to either the 2.4 Ghz network or the 5 Ghz network.

If you disable "band-steering", and assign unique SSIDs to each network, can your device connect to one of the networks?

0 Kudos

Google told me the same thing about the AP isolation bein...

Kenlinda2728
Grasshopper

Google told me the same thing about the AP isolation being off.  I contacted Shaw about it and they said they can’t change that and the new blue curve modem doesn’t seem to have that option.  Are you using the blue curve as modem/router combo? Or do you have a third party router connected to the blue curve modem? If you do have a third party router, you need to disable the router function in the blue curve.  Which can be done with typing 10.0.0.1 on your web browser.  There are different options in there for you to check as well.  

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help