I am having the same problem. App is incredibly slow to l...

Westie24
Grasshopper

I am having the same problem. App is incredibly slow to load, clunky, and full of glitches. Would not recommend. Even if the parental controls are off, it will block apps and channels and has to be reset two or three times before they will turn off, then ten minutes later it flips on parental controls again. Useless for teens who need to be online for homework and research. Kids are at school, devices not in use, and yet when they come home all their time has been used up. No flexibility to deal with kids of different ages like Circle had. No ability to pause the app altogether. No ability to block or allow individual apps. it will randomly not work or block downloads even if there is no downtime. We have to reset the profiles two or three times an hour. You know it's bad when the kids beg to have the Circle back. Would go back to old modem and Circle if I could. Fix the app or make it compatible with parental control system that works.

0 Kudos

Has this been confirmed to be an issue with Shaw? Our cir...

xterra99
Grasshopper

Has this been confirmed to be an issue with Shaw? Our circle was working perfectly then we had no end of issues. I thought it was our circle device so I bought a replacement. I cannot get it to work. We have not replaced our Shaw modem.

0 Kudos

I had the same issue with you, but finally I found the so...

imail6666
Grasshopper

I had the same issue with you, but finally I found the solution. 1, disable the 5G radio on your router. 2, don't use cable to connect your circle to the router. Actually it was quite simple, but it really took me a lot of time. Hope this could still help you and others with the same issue.

Hi  .  I'd love some more info regarding your solution....

anzsdad
Grasshopper

Hi @imail6666 .  I'd love some more info regarding your solution.  Was this specifically related to BlueCurve?  Since my modem is managed through the app a lot of the functions are managed "automatically", including the wireless radio.  I can't explicitly disable the 5G.  Do you have any idea why your solution worked?  Perhaps if we could figure that out we could find a more generic way to address the issue, or possibly to help Shaw tech services to update the modem configuration to allow that functionality.

0 Kudos

I found this page on the Circle support site which explai...

anzsdad
Grasshopper

I found this page on the Circle support site which explains some of what is going on here:

https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021278051-Connection-Issues-with-Some-Dual-Band-...

This indicates why @imail6666  was able to get it working, but depending on which Circle model you have there may be some other options.  Good luck!

-- I can't explicitly disable the 5G.  Can you assign dif...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@anzsdad -- I can't explicitly disable the 5G. 

Can you assign different SSIDs for the 2.4 Ghz band and the 5 Ghz band, and then connect the Circle to the SSID for the 2.4 Ghz band? To the Circle, your 5 Ghz band will not be accessible, which is almost as good as "disabled".

Don't give the password to the 5 GHz network to anybody in your family, which forces them to connect through the Circle, as "managed" devices.

TALK TO US
We're here to help