Jump to solution

just to clarify, we are not running out of DHCP addresses...

shaw-tony

@kevito @Yo_Sup @LivingGod just to clarify, we are not running out of DHCP addresses. I've connected with our engineers and they've advised that this is a backend-issue tracked under PRB0051453. We have manually scheduled an update for your modems and they will require a power reset (unplug the power for 1 minute) for the update to go through. Let me know how it goes.

Jump to solution

So i have to power off modem 5 min? There are few issues....

LivingGod
Grasshopper

So i have to power off modem 5 min? There are few issues. 1. At 12:15 random day internet goes down. it connect to ssid but no internet . restarted modem same issue.

2. I used to have older modem , my firestick used to work. With bluecurve my firestick do not work. Let me know how to fix. It connects to router but no internet with firestick. I am geting brand new firestick now from amazon , hope that works. i think its blue curve modem because firestick used to work with hitron modem.

Let me know.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

My fire stick works with BlueCurve.

rstra
Grand Master

My fire stick works with BlueCurve.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I am having similar issues with the Bluecurve modem in br...

chris123
Grasshopper

I am having similar issues with the Bluecurve modem in bridge mode, although I am able to successfully get 1 IP address via DHCP delivered to my PFSense firewall running as a VM on ESX6.7.
I have been banging my head against the wall trying to get the 2nd IP today with no joy.
I spent about 4 hours with Shaw support on chat / phone. We assigned a 3rd IP to my account but I still can't get a 2nd public IP out of the modem. I have tried attaching other VMs to the port group on the ESX host, no joy. I've also tried physically attaching devices to a switch connected to the modem, no joy. I can only ever get 1 IP address.
The last agent I spoke to Damien, was very polite and tried to help me, but in the end explained that bridged mode isn't really supported, and the support team has had no training and can't offer assistance other than adding removing IPs from the account.
He suggested I could call Geek Squad which to me sounded like he was suggesting it's my end. I explained I've been deploying enterprise networks for the last 25 years and I don't need Geek Squad.
One other interesting find was I was told I was using an IP address that I am not. When I performed a port scan the only port open I could find was TCP 7457 which is CWMP (CPE WAN Management Protocol - TR-69). This address responds to ICMP as well and is only alive when my modem is fully booted up. All I can surmise is that this is for the modem auto configuration / remote management. What I don't know is if this IP is taking one of my allocated IPs.
The agent also said there was some weird long IP address registered - my guess is this is an IPv6 address but I've checked my gear and IPv6 is disabled on the external facing ports. I am wondering if the rouge IPv6 address is also taking an IP allocation.
I plan to hook up a network analyser on a SPAN port to see if I can see anything odd. I offered the results of this but the agent wasn’t interested and suggested I look for answers on this forum.
@grasshopper if you can get an IP for a laptop, I'd suggest spoofing the MAC address in the router if you can to see if this makes a difference. It doesn't make sense that the DHCP server would be picky and block router MACs, but maybe they are blocking certain vendor OUIs?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Just wondering, have your tried connecTing a switch the t...

rstra
Grand Master

Just wondering, have your tried connecTing a switch the the modem and see if you get two IPs?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

PRB0051453 Fixed

Yo_Sup
Grasshopper

Thank you Tony, 

Shaw Cares 🙂     You either fixed PRB0051453, rolled back the modem firmware or pushed the latest firmware for XB6.
Both routers are now picking up different server DHCP IP addresses. 

Procedures I did: 

1. Power cycle my shaw phone modem to refresh IP address
2. Hard reset the XB6 after power cycle, reconfigure modem setup then set in Bridge mode
3. Added end point ground and surge protection for both Coax and RJ11 on Belkin Surge Protector BE-112234-10

RJ45 cables are connected directly from Modem to Routers without extra Ground

SpeedTest showing full ISP subscription speed with stable 8ms ping   at British Columbia across both routers  Asus ROG AX11000 & Linksys WRT1900ACS

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

do you think the firmware supplied to @Grasshopper may fi...

chris123
Grasshopper

@shaw-tony do you think the firmware supplied to @Grasshopper may fix my issue?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Grasshopper

Yo_Sup
Grasshopper

Chris123

Grasshopper means forum noobie. How many posts does it take to become a Master?

Try going back to Basics:  Modem, Router and PC lan connection and check with Tony on your modem firmware

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Already tried a physical connection using a laptop->switc...

chris123
Grasshopper

Already tried a physical connection using a laptop->switch->Modem. No joy, I can't get IP#2.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

> How many posts does it take to become a Master? My pers...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> How many posts does it take to become a Master?

My personal stats:

83 Solutions
418 Kudos Received
1197 Total Posts

So, my guess is "over 1000" posts.

I wish that more participants would click "solution". when they are satisfied  🙂

> One other interesting find was I was told I was using an IP address that I am not.

> When I performed a port scan the only port open I could find was TCP 7457.

Maybe I should not ask, but did you port-scan an IP-address *not* assigned to you?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help