Jump to solution

Auto detect

Yo_Sup
Grasshopper

Chris 123

Routers connected to the Modem should be able to analyze the WAN connection automatically by retrying after 30 seconds in a loop. 

You mentioned the tech tried a third IP, i'm guessing you're not subscribed to Shaw Phone service or you're on a Business account.

My internet modem is the Arris XB6 TG3482ER3, Swapped the Hitron for the XB6 when Shaw first deployed the XB6 modem to residential - That new electronics smell 😄

https://www.cleancss.com/user-manuals/UID/TG3482ER3

MDK

That's a lotta posts and I don't see a 'solution' button
I meant to write  "there's a problem with the ISP internet connection"   as per AX11000     😉

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have the same modem, had it since I got the 600Mbps ser...

chris123
Grasshopper

I have the same modem, had it since I got the 600Mbps service and I have had 3 IPs running on this before (2 included, paid for 1 more on the residential service). I don't need 3 but asked the agent to add it while I troubleshoot. 

I do have Shaw phone but it's not via the modem, separate device. 

What's interesting is it doesn't matter the order I connect devices to the switch -> modem. It's always my firewall that get's an IP, the one that's been there throughout all the changes. Laptop or Asus router no joy getting an IP even if they are on the switch first. 

I recently upgraded to the 1Gbps service so not sure if that changed the firmware.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

"Maybe I should not ask, but did you port-scan an IP-addr...

chris123
Grasshopper

"Maybe I should not ask, but did you port-scan an IP-address *not* assigned to you?"

I was told it is assigned to me so figured no foul play. It's just not - I think it's the modem given the mgmt protocol it's listening on,.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Initialize the modem after hard reset

Yo_Sup
Grasshopper

Chris 123

uh..

When you hard reset the internet modem (press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds), are you configuring the modem for initial modem setup?  If you don't configure initial modem setup on your end by connecting a computer direct to the modem WAN, then the modem will just  loop itself in bootup.  Modem status LED rapidly blink  Amber, Green, Red followed by multiple green blinks  - LOOP -     On a computer LAN cable, repair the internet adapter with windows. Then the modem setup wizard should showup in the internet browser. It will tell you to configure the modem's wifi SSID and password then show the main page (10.0.0.1)  password: admin  username: password. From there then Bridge the modem.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

This patch worked well for me. It didn't work on the firs...

kevito
Grasshopper

This patch worked well for me. It didn't work on the first power cycle of the Bluecurve, but a second power cycle, after fully completing the first cycle, worked. 

I have tested this on both software and hardware routing devices and they all work again. The DHCP server is also giving me 2x IPv4 addressess.

It appears the solution works. I will update if any changes. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I haven't got a response yet from  so I don't think I am...

chris123
Grasshopper

I haven't got a response yet from @shaw-tony so I don't think I am receiving the firmware / patch yet. Once this is confirmed I will try again - I can't be messing with it today as my family will likely kick me out of the house.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

glad to hear this is working well for you. Thank you for...

shaw-tony

@kevito @Yo_Sup glad to hear this is working well for you. Thank you for reaching out to us!

@LivingGod your issue is not related to PRB0051453. If you are noticing internet connectivity issues, it may be a signal related issue. What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? Do your ethernet connections to a PC attain an IP but there's no Internet? Have you tried resetting the firestick to see if that gets it going?

@chris123 I touched base with our engineers on this and will be loading the patch up for you. We will remove the 3rd IP as it was only used as a troubleshooting step. For the update to occur, you will need to reboot the modem. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Excellent ,  many thanks. Do you have a rough ETA so I kn...

chris123
Grasshopper

Excellent @shaw-tony,  many thanks. Do you have a rough ETA so I know when to reboot?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I just rebooted and I have 2 IPs. Many thanks Tony!

chris123
Grasshopper

@shaw-tony I just rebooted and I have 2 IPs. Many thanks Tony!

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. I have connected a third pa...

guidoxforxlife
Grasshopper

I am having the same problem. I have connected a third party router but it will not connect to my internet 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help