--  both providing DHCP service to your network, would de...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dcchapman --  both providing DHCP service to your network, would definitely break things

I disagree. The HITRON's DHCP-server would respond to DHCP-requests from WiFi-enabled devices, and from up to 4 Ethernet-connected devices. If one of those 4 Ethernet-connected devices is the WAN port on the third-party WiFi-enabled router, the DHCP-server on that router would also respond to DHCP-requests from WiFi-enabled devices, and to requests from Ethernet-connected devices.

Either way, a WiFi-enabled device would get an IP-address, and will be able to connect to sites on the Internet.

The only possible "confusion" would be if both the Hitron and the third-party router were giving-out IP-addresses in the same subnet.  That's why some third-party routers use 192.168.1.0/24 and some use 192.168.0.0/24 or 192.168.10.0/24.

0 Kudos

I'd like to see the same for a powerline connected garage...

pXnEmerica
Grasshopper

I'd like to see the same for a powerline connected garage application. It's out of range enough that the pod says the signal is strong, but my devices don't get much of a connection. I'd much rather just plug it into the garage switch and have it be an access point.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help