To see if it restores the wifi settings options to my Blu...

rstra
Grand Master

@rickatk To see if it restores the wifi settings options to my BlueCurve app.

0 Kudos

Right! How did you make out?

rickatk
Master

@rstra wrote:

@rickatk To see if it restores the wifi settings options to my BlueCurve app.

Right! How did you make out?

0 Kudos

Haven’t tried it yet.

rstra
Grand Master

Haven’t tried it yet.

0 Kudos

The ability to change network name and password has been...

rstra
Grand Master

@rickatk The ability to change network name and password has been restored to the app. 

I have NEVER had pods connected to my XB6, have separated...

RejeanP
Grasshopper

I have NEVER had pods connected to my XB6, have separated channels, have tried through both Bluecurve APP and Admin GUI and I am not able to change any of the settings mentioned by OP. I have spent HOURS in chat with tech support with them finally telling me that they are unable to change any settings to allow me to configure the XB6 to my needs.

The tech was able to change the gateway setting from auto to manual but even after he did that everything is still greyed out and I cannot change anything. FYI Verizon customers have same issue with same equipment so it is sounding like it is configured in the firmware to prevent users from adjusting these settings. BTW the Xb6 does a horrible job auto managing the network as it will sit on congested channels while there are vacant channels available. Such a pain. I am aware that I can bridge the modem, and use my own router, however it still broadcasts 4-6 hidden SSIDs for my Xi6's. If I get the Xi6's to connect to my own router then Shaw will not support them. So basically something as simple as not being able to change the wifi channels may cause me a whole bunch of other issues if I try to implement my own solution.

Overall I'm not impressed. I am on the verge of leaving Shaw for Telus because of this. 

Anybody have any luck changing wifi channels? The auto ma...

unhappyclient
Grasshopper

Anybody have any luck changing wifi channels? The auto managing is terrible, I'm in a cluster with several neighbors all on the same channel. Ridiculous to be locked out of such simple settings, and even more that Shaw doesn't seem to care. I'm considering Telus as well.

Also have never had pods. Channels are split. Have spent...

kris20
Grasshopper

Also have never had pods. Channels are split. Have spent ALL day on this. Ridiculous. Techs don't even know what's going on. I did get a factory reset (this one by the tech) where the setting options were not greyed out and available to change, but the internet never finalized. I finally had to complete another reset on my own. Greyed out again. Got the internet back - such as it is. I'm so congested here my internet sucks. This is very frustrating.

I too have been bitten by this. No pods, and my blue curv...

SideshowAlex
Grasshopper

I too have been bitten by this. No pods, and my blue curve selects a congested channel. My neighbour is on the same channel, and their signal is stronger than mine when I am less than 6 feet away from the gateway device. My wifi has only 10% throughput when I am connected via ethernet. This is a broken feature, and I too am looking for non-Shaw alternatives.

-- some contributors on this forum have "bridged" their B...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@SideshowAlex -- some contributors on this forum have "bridged" their BlueCurve, to "dumb it down" (retain modem functionality, while disabling router functionality), and then connected their own third-party Gigabit-capable, WiFi-supporting, router, that  they can configure to their needs (WiFi channels, DNS-servers, more than two Ethernet ports, stronger WiFi signal).

@mdk Using another router would cost me in terms of purch...

SideshowAlex
Grasshopper

@mdk Using another router would cost me in terms of purchasing, configuring and maintaining the router. I am fortunate that I have the means to do so, but there are many who don't and securing a network is not something that everyone can easily do. I pay Shaw for an internet service, and the basics of the service, for me at least, is degraded because the "dumb it down" feature of there network is inhibiting my throughput, making the service not usable for my requirements. I shouldn't have to purchase another device to make the service usable for the most minimal use case for their service.

Sorry for the rant, but this came on the heels of another video call that kept dropping because of my horrible wifi.

TALK TO US
We're here to help