I'm having the exact same issue. Every interface mentione...

Rek80
Grasshopper

I'm having the exact same issue. Every interface mentioned above states that channels are being handled automatically now. It is very annoying that we are not allowed to configure a paid service.

Due to this automatic configuration I am stuck on the same Wi-Fi Channel as my neighbour. Just a few weeks ago I was able to change channels when that happened, which greatly improved things.

that is indeed odd. Did you try any of the steps I listed...

shaw-tony

@WouterS that is indeed odd. Did you try any of the steps I listed to see if it will bring the option back?

0 Kudos

I am experiencing this as well, both the app and the web...

rstra
Grand Master

@shaw-tony I am experiencing this as well, both the app and the web interface say that these settings are being handled automatically. The web interface is greyed out and the settings in the app seem to be hidden. I did manage to find the app settings by selecting “Overview” then, under “Answers to your questions” I slide over to and select, “How do I change my wifi information.” You will the get the screen to change all the settings (except channel).

I wonder if this happened as a result of me removing the pods from my system?

Shaw has to also remove the pods. That should open things...

rickatk
Master

Shaw has to also remove the pods. That should open things up.

0 Kudos

Ya, they got them off the account, maybe it broke something?

rstra
Grand Master

Ya, they got them off the account, maybe it broke something?

0 Kudos

do you have bandsteering disabled and two separate networ...

shaw-tony

@rstra do you have bandsteering disabled and two separate networks (2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz) by naming them differently? If not, the settings are fully automatic as per our details here. Adding the pods would have required all the above settings to be automated, splitting the network/disabling bandsteering should bring the settings back.

0 Kudos

Hey  I have band steering turned on currently. If I wante...

rstra
Grand Master

Hey @shaw-tony I have band steering turned on currently. If I wanted to turn off band steering, I couldn’t do it in the web interface as it is greyed out, and the app has the settings hidden and being handled automatically. I can’t even changed the password. 

0 Kudos

hmm, try using https://internet.shaw.ca/ to access your s...

shaw-tony

@rstra hmm, try using https://internet.shaw.ca/ to access your settings. Once logged in, go to "Connect", click "See Network" and on the top right "edit WiFi". Here, you can edit your password and WiFi settings. 

There was a recent change for the modems to automate their WiFi channels as they are constantly optimizing to the best channel.

0 Kudos

Thanks  I have access to the wifi settings through intern...

rstra
Grand Master

Thanks @shaw-tony I have access to the wifi settings through internet.shaw.ca I will try and separate the networks and then turn band steering back on to see if that fixes the app.

0 Kudos

Why do you want to turn off band steering?

rickatk
Master

@rstra Why do you want to turn off band steering?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help